+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 1243 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233731235231023 ... LastLast
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Awww... Pom...

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    ETA: JD -- I remember you telling us that story before, but it's still sad. I'm sorry.
    Uh oh, shows how long this grandma's been here - starting to repeat myself.

Thanks Jewels, you are always the sugar in my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    My trouble today is that I just had to euthanize my little avatar this morning.
    Pom,
    I'm so sorry to hear about Casey. We were just talking about him. He was such a sweetheart. You gave him so much love and he returned it to you. I'm here for you. Please PM me if you want to talk.

{{{HUGS}}}

toothdoc

FORT Fogey
    Hi You Guys,

Thanks so much to all of you who've responded to my post from earlier today. Your kind words and your thoughtful replies have meant the world to me.

I've been beside myself all day, just a wreck. I have been expecting to have to put him down ever since Casey had his first (almost lethal) bout of congestive heart failure in July. I've been telling myself "it's just a matter of time" and I've been forcing myself to take things "one day at a time" with him.

It's helped to maintain that day-by-day attitude.

But today's been extremely hard, and I think it's complicated by the fact that there's been a lot of crap going on among my family members lately so I can't reach out to any of them.

I feel pretty alone in things right now, so it wasn't a great time to put one of my best friends to sleep.

Problem is, he would have passed away with or without my involvement, and at least this way he didn't suffer nearly as much as he would have suffered if I let his heart just give out on him. If I hadn't intervened he would have suffocated slowly, and he was way too good of a boy to have to go through that.

So listen, you guys, I really do apprecdiate that I could hang out in here, off and on all day, and dump this problem on you.

It's complicated by other stuff that I really can't talk about in here, and I'm really glad that I had you all to talk to about it.

I'll be okay and Casey will always be my little av. Thanks again to you all for your kindness.

Oh, Pom. I'm so sorry. I believe you did do the right thing. It's just not right to let them suffer when we can help end their suffering. You'll always carry Casey with you in your heart. I'm truly sorry for you loss and for the issues that have kept you from being able to reach out to your family. I hope you find peace and solace in your decision.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

It's complicated by other stuff that I really can't talk about in here, and I'm really glad that I had you all to talk to about it.

I'll be okay and Casey will always be my little av. Thanks again to you all for your kindness.
    Pom,
    We are here for you when and if you are ready to talk. My best friend has an 11 yr old Pom. I held her and gave her extra loving tonight. I cuddled her, gave her a kiss and said that hug and kiss was for Casey. She gave me a nose kiss back. I know your heart is breaking. You did the last, most loving thing you could do for him.

Hugs
    Toothdoc

My trouble today is that I just had to euthanize my little avatar this morning.
    Oh, Pom, I didn't see this until just now. I am so sorry.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Thanks so much for your help with this hard time, you guys. I posted some photos of the gang (including one of the dog I MIGHT adopt early next week) over in the FOR ANIMAL LOVERS thread.

I can't thank you enough for your support.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, here it is. I tend to get calcium deposits in my saliva glad on the right side. this will block the tube and then start to swell up. In the past I have been able to break then up by squeezing them between my finger nails. hurts like hell but clears the tube. wellllll this time it was further back down the line and not at the end. I tried it and got everything all swollen. i look like the chipmunk that has a cheek full for the fall.so off to the hospital for some meds and a checkout. doc gives me a prescription for a drug i just finished telling him I was allergic to and I didn't realize this as the nurse kind of mumbled it as she told me about the three scrips I got.

then my wife calls to tell me she got into a fender bender while driving to her folks today and now she needs a new radiator and some body work, (her van, not her...welllll not that i'm saying she doesn't but thats another story) so now I got to make an insurance claim later today and just can't wait to see how high they charge me the next time its due. this weekend sucks!!!!!!!!

Sorry about your little dog Pom. That's so sad to lose a doggie friend.

Don't you hate that Joe. I've had Doc's do that to me too. It's like they don't even listen and you have to take the time to get it all taken care of again, when they should have listened the first time. Plus sorry on the car and the insurance, mine is just beginning to head back down after a few accidents a couple years ago.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread