+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey
    Aw, misskitty, I'm very sorry to hear about your Baba falling, and I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, for sure. It's just awful when they fall, and I really hope she pulls through fine.

Marleybone, I trust you've gotten a nice, good buzz on by now, huh??? I hope it helped you get over that nasty, persistent cold, once and for all, and we're pulling for you here at THE DOG HOUSE.

applesauce, best of luck to you, too, as you try to negotiate things with this insurance company. Perhaps enough time's passed that you'll end up with a representative who will look at your case objectively, and perhaps you can get a doctor to write a convincing letter on behalf of your daughter.

Best of luck to everyone who's going through troubles right now.

Me? I'm just hanging out for my elderly parents who aren't doing too hot these days. They're comfortable at home, mere miles away, so we're keeping close tabs on them and helping them out as much as possible.

We've had some pretty enjoyable visits lately, so that's the best I can expect, and I'm lucky to be so close in proximity to them so that I can get there in only a few minutes.

GAAHHH!!! Ok, this is nothing compared to the troubles of others. But I came in tonight to find my kitchen sink full to overFLOWING of pitch-black water. So full it had spilled out into the floor and soaked my rug, which is now black as well. The faucet was not on. A couple of times in the past, water from -- I think -- the laundry room downstairs has backed up into my sink. But never like this.
    What I think is to blame is an apartment fire that happened down the block last night. It was pretty big, people were evacuated, one woman's in critical condition, pets died, it was on the news, etc. I suspect that somehow the water from that ran off into the drain system and somehow got into my pipes the same way the laundry water sometimes does. (is that possible?) I mean, this water is SO black and oily, and there's a thick sludge of sooty stuff at the bottom.
    I just spent an hour scooping most of it out and dumping it in anything else with a drain -- bathroom sink, tub, toilet. It won't wash off my hands, my nails are black. Ugh, ugh, ugh.
    But I don't know why it didn't drain. It still isn't. I think that sludge stuff is now filling up my drain. I've poured the last of my Drano in there; we'll see how that goes. Just dammit. *sigh*
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Poor Lucy! Sounds like the sewer is backing up but it's strange that it's only the kitchen sink. I'd call the landlord myself. Good luck.

Lucy: I know nothing about plumbing issues but I can offer my sympathy and "ick" factor over what you had to find and go through! Best call a couple of plumbers, or go to Home Depot, to find out if you need to do anything.

If I could lend a hand to help you clean up, I would!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Lucy, yuck! We had that happen a few weeks back after the big storms. Everyone in the neighborhood had a problem. I hope you get it all cleaned up and don't have any more problems.

FORT Fogey
    Lucy, that sounds awful!!! YIKES. I wish there was something we could do to help, but we're too far away.

When my parents' hot water heater broke on Christmas morning it flooded their entire basement with four inches of water. After celebrating the holiday I drove over to their house with my wonderful Bissell steam cleaning machine and within an hour I sucked up every drop of water. So my advice: get your hands on a carpet cleaner or a wet vac ASAP, 'cause those machines will suck all that water (and all your cares) away.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    If I could lend a hand to help you clean up, I would!
    Um, hey lambikins would you please help ME clean, too? I promise to throw in a cuppaFlavia for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    And this is really isn't a huge problem, but....I always get so depressed on Sunday's. Anyone else have a problem with the end of the weekend?
    A friend of mine has the Sunday evening blues, too, because she dreads going to work on Monday. She tries to plan something for herself to end the weekend on a high note. Not necessarily something big - a treat like giving herself a manicure, or starting a new book - so that she has something to look forward to instead of just dreading Monday morning.

misskitty - How scary for you and Baba! I am sending both of you warm wishes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Um, hey lambikins would you please help ME clean, too? I promise to throw in a cuppaFlavia for you!!
    Here I am, to the rescue, Pommie! I'll take a Creamy Topping with a Sidamo Gold, please!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

A guy that used to work for me killed himself yesterday. I just read in today's paper that he drove his car into a wall on the freeway. They found a suicide note in his pocket. My son bought his first car from Bob. Bob used to work 40 hours a week for me as a cook on 3rd shift and was also Director of Security for a huge local mall. He first worked for me when he bought a house and didn't want to go in debt doing a remodel. He was head of loss prevention for J.C. Penny then. He later came to work for me again to put his son through college. Bob was a good man. I just don't understand. My heart goes out to his family who I had met on several occasions.

I haven't been in here lately, and I'm trying to get caught up, so just let me say I'm sorry for those of you going through some tough times.

Unk, I'm especially so sorry to hear about your friend, Bob. I realize he wasn't a close friend, but it's still a tragedy to think he felt so desperate about life, he chose death. I don't know what to say except I'm sorry for what you must be feeling.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread