+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    JD...I know exactly what you are goign through....I did that for a few months and a few weeks I was with her by myself....if she is on meds and they change them and she gets cranky don't let her words hurt you...THat is what happened when my mom started going downhill. I didn't have to move far, about 40 minutes but I did go without seeing the kids for those two weeks and my boyfriend looked after them. THere were times when I just didn't know what to do either but you just seem to know. Just remember that in the end you can only do the best you know how and that you should cherish every moment with her. I know because my mom is gone now jsut last week. I know I did everything I could for her so I am at peace with myself and at peace that she is now at peace....
    shyra, I'm so sorry to hear this. Remember, you are in our thoughts and prayers. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    shyra - I'm so sorry to hear your sad news of the loss of your mom.

J.D., Shyra and everyone else - your in my thoughts.

As for me, I'm about to go have a needle biopsy to confirm that the lump in my breast is indeed a benign cyst - the ultra sound pretty much cleared it, but they want to be 100% sure. While I'm incredibly relieved that I seem to be okay, I'm terrified of needles. I'd rather cuddle a boa constrictor than go near a needle - and I'm petrified of snakes, too. Right now, I feel very much like Brenda Walsh in 90210: "A needle biopsy doesn't by any chance involve a needle, does it?" So if you could all hold my hand - so to speak - in a few hours, that would be great.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Geek the girl, I'm holding your hand, so to speak!

We're here for ya GeektheGirl!
    I'm sure everything will go well.

I'm back, and alive Everything went well - the biopsy confirmed that it is indeed a benign cyst, nothing to worry about at all. I did cringe when I saw the needle, but I survived. And of course I had to indulge in some retail therapy (an über cute peasant blouse - hey, it was on sale! - and three secondhand paperbacks) afterwards, so I'm on cloud nine right now. I'm so relieved to be 100% sure that I'm okay.

Thanks for holding my hand, you guys. I'm positive it helped
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    geek the girl, I'm glad your test went well. I was also there holding your hand through this whole thing and sending you my prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Great news, geek the girl! That's what we were all hoping for!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

That's great news, Geek.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    My mom let her sister borrow her cellphone, and she gave it to her drug addict son who went 1200 mins over. Now my mom has to pay every cent. I'm really pissed that she's getting played like this and that she let her sister borrow it in the first place-I told her this would happen, but being the good person she is, she let her use it anyway. Advice on how I can get my mom to smarten up and make my aunt pay the bill? Thanks.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

+ Reply to Thread