+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

ANTM, let me second Ana and tell you to get back to a doctor. Better safe than sorry.

Things will get better, ArchieComicFan. Sorry it started out so rough for you. Remember, you can come here and talk about it. The people here are friendly and willing to listen.

My SIL is back in the hospital. They stopped the labour again, but she is now staying there until the twins are born.

My brother got a job

I am glad my SIL is in the hospital and being looked after, but I wanted to update you all.

I also quit the long term subbing job, that is a long story and I don't want to talk about it as really I am just glad that I am done with it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Archie, I'm so sorry about the passing of your dog. I just went through a similar thing and believe me, it does get easier. You will have your days where you break down and if that happens, feel free to pm me.

ANTM, I agree with Ana and dagwood....better be safe than sorry. I would contact my doctor again

Jluvs, that's good news about your brother getting the job. I will continue to pray for your SIL and those babies.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    My problem isn't a big one, but it sure is annoying. My bike (which is my way of transportation) has a flat tire. So no I must walk everywhere until it gets fixed (my boyfriend will do it today if we have the stuff needed). So instead of the 7 minutes to get to uni. it's now 20 minutes, every minute counts in the morning. Also I don't feel like walking to the gym, because I want to get home ASAP when I'm done there. Hopefully my boyfriend will fix it today, otherwise I must give it to a repair place and it'll be even longer.
    femme fatale, I would seriously recommend that you learn how to fix a flat. Mr. Rattus taught me how to do it a number of years ago, mainly because he was tired of coming to pick me and my disabled bike up, and I can now change the tube on the rear pain-in-the-posterior wheel in less than 20 minutes. I carry all my tools, including the mini pump, locked to my rear carrier in what used to be our travel toiletries bag, so it's not really inconvenient to have this stuff with you and it's much less aggravating than having to walk your bike home.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Archie, I'm so sorry about the passing of your dog. I just went through a similar thing and believe me, it does get easier. You will have your days where you break down and if that happens, feel free to pm me.

ANTM, I agree with Ana and dagwood....better be safe than sorry. I would contact my doctor again

Jluvs, that's good news about your brother getting the job. I will continue to pray for your SIL and those babies.
    Thanks for your nice words. We still have her son, he seems a bit confused and a little needy right now so we're giving him extra love and attention. And my son is coming home this weekend so that will cheer things up around here.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    ANTM, let me second Ana and tell you to get back to a doctor. Better safe than sorry.

Things will get better, ArchieComicFan. Sorry it started out so rough for you. Remember, you can come here and talk about it. The people here are friendly and willing to listen.
    Thanks, I find a new forum to enter every time I come on and usually it's one that I can relate too. Sometimes it's easier to talk to the people you can't see than it is to the ones you do see all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    Thank you It broke the skin and I was bleeding a bit, so I called the ER and they said that as long as there was no (fluid too disgusting to name) I should be alright. I went to see my doctor and she said to just take antibiotics and do warm compresses. It's just kind of hard because I can't eat or speak easily, and my face has gotten huge.

Does anyone know if compresses work? I don't do them very often...

It was my dog who took out the snackfest on my face, and now I have to figure out what to do with him too. Any suggestions? I have a soft spot for animals, so I don't know if I could give him away...
    Not to compare people to dogs but a dog I had once got in a fight with my parent's dog and my parent's dog's face swelled up pretty bad from the bacteria in the saliva from the bite. That may be what's going on with you (disclaimer - I'm not qualified to give medical advice). I hope you were given prescription antibiotics and maybe even a tetnus shot or something. My mom's dog recovered but her face had to be lanced and she was on antibiotics until she healed up. Incidently, I paid for the treatment since it was my dog's fault.

As for what to do about your dog, what caused the biting? Was it playfulness or agressiveness? Were other people in the room and the dog was being territorial? It may be an isolated incident or you may need to get some obedience training. Giving the dog away if it bites isn't the answer because the new people would have to deal with it. I suggest training to show you are the Alpha "dog" and then if that doesn't work less pleasant options might be in order. I hope everything works out.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-13-2006 at 10:40 AM.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Not to compare people to dogs but a dog I had once got in a fight with my parent's dog and my parent's dog's face swelled up pretty bad from the bacteria in the saliva from the bite. That may be what's going on with you (disclaimer - I'm not qualified to give medical advice). I hope you were given prescription antibiotics and maybe even a tetnus shot or something. My mom's dog recovered but her face had to be lanced and she was on antibiotics until she healed up. Incidently, I paid for the treatment since it was my dog's fault.

As for what to do about your dog, what caused the biting? Was it playfulness or agressiveness? Were other people in the room and the dog was being territorial? It may be an isolated incident or you may need to get some obedience training. Giving the dog away if it bites isn't the answer because the new people would have to deal with it. I suggest training to show you are the Alpha "dog" and then if that doesn't work less pleasant options might be in order. I hope everything works out.
    Well my dog was under the table, parked in front of one of his bones to make sure no one would steal it. I sat down beside him and heard "grrrr...." I'm trying to train him to be nicer, so I stupidly picked him up to give him a hug. Wrong move. He chomped on my bottom lip and my cheek. It's not as bad as it could have been though.

Apparently, this happened once before. You see we got my dog from a friend, and lipping through his files, I saw that he had bitten my friend's son when he tried putting a blanket over him when he was shivering. They dismissed it as isolated, but it's happened twice now. I'm trying to establish myself as the leader of the pack, but he's convinced he's the alpha dog. I mean I love the dog so much, he's just...Difficult.

Anyways, the swelling's gone done and I feel a lot better

I wish all the best for everyone. Happy Weekend!
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

I just found out a friend/former co-worker died. She wasn't even forty and died in a nursing home of some rare disorder. I wish I would have known she was sick.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Oh, Star. I am so sorry to hear that.

+ Reply to Thread