+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    Putting this statistic in perspective, LA or NYC each have more murders per DAY than any city in Canada per YEAR.
    Not to totally derail this thread about something nitpicky, but I don't believe this is correct. Toronto, for example, had 78 murders last year. In the quick search I did, I didn't find the 2005 murder rates for NY and LA, but I'm going to guess, based on the 2004 numbers (570 for NY, 514 for LA), that they aren't quite in the ~80 a day range.

I hope everyone's troubles are resolved soon.
    Last edited by Amanda; 01-07-2006 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Added statistics links

I humbly stand corrected. Way to do the research, Amanda!

My problem isn't a big one, but it sure is annoying. My bike (which is my way of transportation) has a flat tire. So no I must walk everywhere until it gets fixed (my boyfriend will do it today if we have the stuff needed). So instead of the 7 minutes to get to uni. it's now 20 minutes, every minute counts in the morning. Also I don't feel like walking to the gym, because I want to get home ASAP when I'm done there. Hopefully my boyfriend will fix it today, otherwise I must give it to a repair place and it'll be even longer.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    JLuvs - prayers for your nephews. I hope they stay in there and keep on cookin' until March!!!

FORT Newbie

Knock on Wood

I have ringing in my ears at night. I think it is from loud music, but I'm not sure. I used to go to a lot of clubs in my twenties and concerts too. If you love music of any kind its a hazard I guess. A friend bought me a CD with natural sounds like rain and the sea. I play that and I go to bed in seconds.
    Other than that I'm in good health, knock on wood.

*threadjack* My stats of Murders were PER CAPITA. Not the highest number or highest number per day. Which means even though we are the sixth largest City in the country, we have the worst murder rate per person, so your odds of getting bumped are higher here. And that's not counting all the attempted murder victims who actually survived their attacks. Then it would be worse. Sigh.It's just bad everywhere now. *end threadjack*
    dhvibeI have ringing in my ears at night. I think it is from loud music, but I'm not sure...Other than that I'm in good health, knock on wood.
    The ringing is called tinnitus and can be fixed by a good M.D. of TCM, Traditional Chinese Accupuncture. Maybe all your knocking on wood is irritating it!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    A dog bit me and now my face is all swollen. I can't go to any castings until it's resolved...And it hurts so bad! Does anyone know what I can do? I've had it checked out, and everyone tells me to put warm water on it. But it still hurts. Does anyone have any advice? Please?
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

ANTM -how bad is it? When in doubt-see a doctor! Did the bite break the skin? If yes, you should seek medical attention. Some cities have a service called Ask-A-Nurse, where you call a local number and speak with a nurse. They are pretty good in a pinch, and typically give good sound advice. Not knowing the location of the bite, the severity of it, and your medical history makes it difficult to guess what to do.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Let's see, where to start. My beloved min schnauzer died last weekend from cancer, my son went off to college in the same weekend, and it was my pms week so 2006 hasn't started off too well for me. Plus it's my last semester of college but I'm getting a degree in something not useful unless I go to graduate school. But I know people have it worse, I'm just venting. My son in college is not a bad thing, I just miss him since he's not at home now. I have 11 more months for things to get better, so I'm hoping for a decent February. And the weather here today was very nice but it brought out the mosquitos and gnats. At least I can still get out of bed each day, that has to be worth something

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    ANTM -how bad is it? When in doubt-see a doctor! Did the bite break the skin? If yes, you should seek medical attention. Some cities have a service called Ask-A-Nurse, where you call a local number and speak with a nurse. They are pretty good in a pinch, and typically give good sound advice. Not knowing the location of the bite, the severity of it, and your medical history makes it difficult to guess what to do.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you It broke the skin and I was bleeding a bit, so I called the ER and they said that as long as there was no (fluid too disgusting to name) I should be alright. I went to see my doctor and she said to just take antibiotics and do warm compresses. It's just kind of hard because I can't eat or speak easily, and my face has gotten huge.

Does anyone know if compresses work? I don't do them very often...

It was my dog who took out the snackfest on my face, and now I have to figure out what to do with him too. Any suggestions? I have a soft spot for animals, so I don't know if I could give him away...
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

+ Reply to Thread