+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Jluvs - lots of prayers and good thoughts for the little guys coming your way. I was a premie too - 4 lbs - and I am a twin as well.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Marleybone Are you still sick? Yowza! Get some better meds or something, please.
    Yowza is right, for the love of crimony. I never went to the doctor because I knew this was viral, and the worst of it was over the holiday weekend. Yesterday I felt really good and thought I was almost done with it, but late last night I came down with a wicked sore throat. It made no sense that on day 10 of this crap, I would be coming down with brand new symptoms. So first thing this morning I called my doctor. He can't find anything specific except to guess that I'm probably developing a secondary bacterial infection (probably sinus) on top of the viral crap. I'm now on an antibiotic and steriods so I hope now I can finally kick this for good.

Marley, I had something similar, and I swear I kicked it by taking over the counter Benadryl. It helped me sleep, and while I was awake, made me thirsty, so I drank a lot of water. I was ok in a week. When it's viral, nothing helps, but you can help your symptoms with Benadryl.
    Go Tigers!

Premium Member
    I'm feeling better with just 2 doses of my new meds, at least the sore throat is gone. I do have some Tylenol PM though, maybe I will try that. I really do need some good sleep.

Marley, glad to hear you are on some new meds. My sister came down with a sore throat/cold viral thing and couldn't shake it either. After three weeks, I sent her back to the Dr. and she was diagnosed with bronchitis (and she wasn't really coughing). It was a total surprise. After lots of rest and penicillin, she's up and at 'em again. Take care and stay on top of it. We want you back ALL BETTER!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks for all of your get well wishes! You guys are great.

I still feel pretty crappy. I get winded simply walking across the room and have a terrible cough. Although today is the first day that my chest doesn't feel so heavy. I think all of the drugs are finally kicking in.

What really sucks is that my kids are now both sick. My little one has an ear infection. My daughter started coughing last night, has a fever, and is whiney as ever. I've tried every trick and can't get her to take any medicine to get the fever down. Forcing it down is probably next on the list. That should be lots of fun!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

lildago - Don't forget those melt-on-your-tongue meds. I think those are easiest for kids.
    Count your blessings!

My parents find out I got a 60 percent on my Religion Essay, so in an attempt to cheer them up, i tell them I aced the midterm just to find out I barely passed and got a 50 percent on the exam.

Hopefully the marks are wrong and I somehow did better than what it said on the net. This is my worst class that im taking this semester so not all my marks are this low .... but still I have to atleast scrape off a high 60 in this class

This may be more of a current events thingy but, my City has just received the honor of being the Most Violent City in Canada, with the highest percapita murder rate last year. It's all going to H... in a handbasket I tell 'ya. Definitely not something I'm proud of hearing. Not too good for business either. .

Everyone....be careful out there!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Most Violent City in Canada, with the highest per capita murder rate last year.
    Putting this statistic in perspective, LA or NYC each have more murders per DAY than any city in Canada per YEAR.

+ Reply to Thread