+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I bet you can't wait Lambi. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no more delays.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    I just got a call from Sally, in Glasgow, and her plane has already been delayed a 1/2 an hour. Yesterday, in Chicago, the delays were up to 3 hours and it's still foggy. So, I know she's coming home, but I just don't know when, right now. It was supposed to be 6:00 pm, but it might be later now. But, I don't care....I know that she'll be home SOMETIME on the 3rd!
    Anticipation...bumm bum dah bum...
    (Your post made me think of that song from the 70's )
    I know you will enjoy the reunion, and I will be thinking about ya lambi!
    So...what's on the menu for the welcome home celebration?

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Anticipation...bumm bum dah bum...
    (Your post made me think of that song from the 70's )
    I know you will enjoy the reunion, and I will be thinking about ya lambi!

So...what's on the menu for the welcome home celebration?
    I guess that depends on what time her flight finally arrives. Initially, Sally was supposed to arrive at 5:00 pm, home by 6:00 pm. But, with being late 1/2 an hour in the U.K. and foggy conditions at O'Hare, she could get in hours later.

Much hugs, tears and gossip, though...despite ANY hour! But I really want to take her out to this restaurant down the street that has the BEST Japanese food that I've ever tasted! Plus, they make an amazing Mohito cocktail, too!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Gracie: I like the idea of painting targets on the doors.

Alias: If you have talked to him and he hasn't changed, I think I would take it higher. Maybe someone above him could get him to see how that kind of remark is not good in a business environment.
    Hey Hey, I got an early New Years present. My boss was canned! I know it sounds heartless, but this man had no respect and was borderline racist.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Why am I getting excited? Is someone sending me a 6 foot latino guy,with a smile and uh... uh... eyes, yes that's it, eyes to die for?

( BTW syd18 - it's lambikins significant other who is coming back on the third...)
    OOps! Sorry about that! Teach me to try to get in some computer time with the kids hanging all over me! Good luck with your latino fellow, and good luck lambikins with your reunion!

Quote Originally Posted by syd18 View Post
    OOps! Sorry about that! Teach me to try to get in some computer time with the kids hanging all over me! Good luck with your latino fellow, and good luck lambikins with your reunion!
    No reason to be sorry, it was fun being able to respond to that post. Sounds like you trying to get computer time is like me trying to read a book with Joey getting in between my face & the book no matter how close the book is to my face..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    No reason to be sorry, it was fun being able to respond to that post. Sounds like you trying to get computer time is like me trying to read a book with Joey getting in between my face & the book no matter how close the book is to my face..
    Totally off-topic, but my Stella does the exact same thing. Recently, she's also taken to giving me a full-on smooch when she manages to get between the book and my face. Especially just after she's had dinner. I guess she's just happy to have me back.

Nothing too troubling to report here. I've got my doctor's appointment (checking out a lump in my breast that I told you all about a couple of pages back) on Monday, two hours before I've got the first seminar of the year. I won't be able to have a needle biopsy until the week after, but hopefully the mammogram will result in a post in the "Share your good news" thread.

lambikins, I hope you're happily reunited with Sally and celebrating as we speak. I know what it's like to wait for someone you love to come back.

Ana Bannana, I bet you had such a fab time, it was worth the hangover. As for returning to work, it's always tough the first couple of days. Then, you get into a rut and before you know it, the holidays are creeping in on us again. Personally, I quite like getting back to normal since I get to return to my favourite routines. Like logging onto the FORT on a regular basis, or going swimming at the local health club, or getting takeout and a movie on Friday nights with my fiancé.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

After struggling all night to breathe and a high fever, I gave in and saw my doctor this morning. I have walking pneumonia. My son is sick, too, and he won't let me put him down. I think I might break down and see if my mom(5 hours away) can come help out for a couple days.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Aww lildago - better call your mom. I suspect she would love to lend you a hand. Nothing like the love of our mommy to help us through an illness. And that is probably what your little guy is wanting to. Take care before you from exhaustion!

And Geek - YES! The hangover was soooo worth the fun we had! That was one of the best wedding receptions (besides my own) that I have ever attended!

lildago. , I am so sorry you are sick. Call your mom, get help and rest! I hope you are better soon.

lambi, I hope your reunion went well. Nothing like getting caught up after time apart. Enjoy your time with Sally.

+ Reply to Thread