+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    When I was in your daughter's position way back when, there was a teacher that noticed the situation and stepped in to mediate. She sat all of us down to "talk it out". It was humiliating for me and the other girls just treated me *worse* after it was over. So I know where your daughter is coming from. However, I've heard stories of girls being beat up and such by bullies, so hopefully she'll keep you informed if they get any worse. Just keep your lines of communication with her open so she WILL tell you whats going on. That's really all you can do.
    I'm glad that our school (actually our state as well) has a no bully law. I've expressed to her that if any of them harm a hair on her head, they will all be in the office, with their parents, pronto! At the same time, I told her she better not to the hitting either. Fortunately, she really isn't that type, but I told her that it takes 2 to fight, and we are not the fighting type. I'm totally on top of it and she does tell me a lot. Thanks

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    Stargazer's right. I think everybody gets picked on in school to some degree but if you are considered "the enemy" by a group (especially girls) LOOK OUT!! I was one of those who was picked on constantly. The best thing my family did was to just be there. I knew they were giving the best advice they could and it did help to kow that someone cared. the way you described your daughter sounds to me like the way I finally got in High school. If she stands up for herself (verbally) and just tells these girls "look, you got in trouble, your fault, leave me alone" they might or they will just keep up. But fighting them will get her nowhere. there were so many catty girls who all wanted to fight me or 'beat me up' in school but when I turned around and asked them where I should meet them they walked away. Those girls just want to be cruel. "beating them up" will not solve anything. The only advice I have is not to be an EASY target. But, like Stargazer said just be there for her and it'll pass. Someone else will become a bigger target.
    Yes, see post above. She will get into trouble if she actually fights and she knows it. I told her this morning that if the ringleader starts in, just to say "XXXX I don't know what your problem is, but I'm not afraid of you, you don't intimidate me, I'm not playing your game, so just leave me alone." I said if you stand up to her, it might help. Whether she will do it or not- my guess is probably not
    Thanks for all of the input- I'm glad I am making the right decision by just keeping an eye on things and letting her work it out. (even though I'm practically sitting on my hands to not call the moms and let them know what their angels are up to

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Yes, see post above. She will get into trouble if she actually fights and she knows it. I told her this morning that if the ringleader starts in, just to say "XXXX I don't know what your problem is, but I'm not afraid of you, you don't intimidate me, I'm not playing your game, so just leave me alone." I said if you stand up to her, it might help. Whether she will do it or not- my guess is probably not
    Thanks for all of the input- I'm glad I am making the right decision by just keeping an eye on things and letting her work it out. (even though I'm practically sitting on my hands to not call the moms and let them know what their angels are up to
    Yeah, I hate having to let go and just watch your kid do something right or wrong but you are doing EVERYTHING right!!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Okay, this is not my month. I spilled an entire glass of iced tea in my laptop last night. My time online will be severely hindered until I can manage to get another.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Stargazer
    Oh man - that is awful! Any chance on repair (although I have heard that liquid damage is never good) or insurance coverage?
    I would be seriously LOST without my laptop. My family is sooo computer addicted. Without the wifi house, we would have to actually have conversations - where we speak to each other!
    (Just kidding - we aren't that bad - yet! )

Nope, its totally fried. Well, the motherboard, anyway. The dvd burner, hard-drive, etc is still okay. The problem is that you can find a motherboard for the stupid thing anywhere. So...blah. I have to share my daughter's desktop until I can get a new one. I should be thankful for that, but I can't be very mobile with a desktop like I can be with my laptop. Bah, this sucks.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Okay, this is not my month. I spilled an entire glass of iced tea in my laptop last night. My time online will be severely hindered until I can manage to get another.
    Oh Stargazer, my heartfelt condolences to you!!!

I'm just now finally starting to emerge from my home computer Hell. . . I hated being off-line for all these months.

I wish you all the best and I hope you get back online more quickly than I did!!!!
    ______________________________ __

My trouble today is that my elderly father's in the hospital battling a bout of congestive heart failure, and he's not doing too well at all. He's been in bad shape for weeks but went into the hospital only on Tuesday and, unfortunately, he seems to be getting worse, not better.

His doctor had set a target discharge date of today, but I just hung up from him and that's not going to happen.

Luckily, my job's been very accommodating and I've been able to visit with him every day for hours at a time. I was with him for three hours on Wednesday, about two and a half yesterday, and I'm heading in there today, too, to spend the afternoon with him.

I'll let you know how things go, and I'm glad I can come here and share this with you guys.
    Last edited by Pomeraniac; 12-23-2005 at 10:40 AM.

Pom, You and your father will be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Orphan for the holidays

My mom died right after Thanksgiving and Dad had died in April. This is a very weird time of year for me.... Dad was really in poor shape, so I had to be happy for him, but I wasn't expecting Mom to die, it was a surprise. She started feeling bad when we were on a Thanksgiving week cruise, and had to be medically evacuated to a hospital in the Bahamas. I can't get the medical bills straight from there. They are on "island time", and nothing's in a hurry for them.

My favorite employee walked out because the VP/manager of our facility hated her and was picking on her, because I have an employee spawned of the devil that was jealous of her. So my nasty employee I have left is running around, knowing she's damaged my reputation at work, and she has "won", which is all she wanted, power over me.

This is a lousy Christmas season for me...

Oh Madeira. Your post breaks my heart. I hope things start looking up for you soon. I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

+ Reply to Thread