+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1689Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Hey, hoping everything turns out okay for you folks.

A special for my friend, geek the girl. I don't like medical issues, either, or waiting for medical news, and I think you're very brave to face this head-on instead of ducking your head.

I hope all turns out for the best. But I know it will.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Sorry to hear about everyone's problems. Hopefully things will work out.

Gracie, we had a car like that, the front end was damaged 4 times in one year none of which were our fault, people just kept hitting it, and of course each time the hood had to be involved.

Yikes.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Well, my daughter and I are worse today. She'll almost definitely not be up for a birthday party by Saturday. This sucks.

I'm sorry about everyone else's problems. This time of year is stressful enough without adding other things to it. I hope everything works out for everyone.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    *whining* Jafo and I are in a financial bind and I am too chicken to ask my boss for a loan. Can someone find my shriveled cohonas and give them back to me? Or can I borrow yours for a minute?
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Well, I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is that I've called a hospital that specifically deals with breast exams and got an appointment. The woman I talked to was very nice and understanding. However - and this is where the bad news kicks in - with the holidays just around the corner, I wasn't able to get an appointment until a week after New Year's Eve. I can't help thinking that if I'd posed as a middle-aged woman with a family history of breast cancer (apparently, having a grandmother who died from it "doesn't count"), they would have squeezed me right in the next day. Ah well. At least I've got an appointment now, and I'll try not to think too much about it during the holidays. Thanks again for all the support and kind words.
    Geek, if it helps at all - my family has been through genetic testing for breast cancer, and apparently post-menopausal breast cancer is not caused by the breast cancer gene. (All my family members were diagnosed after menopause - the centre that tested my family say that there must be some kind of link because it's too weird that EVERYONE got it, but they can't pinpoint it with current research.)

My point - although your grandma's illness certainly counts, it's not necessarily an indication of you getting the same disease. My clumsy way of trying to make you feel better.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    *whining* Jafo and I are in a financial bind and I am too chicken to ask my boss for a loan. Can someone find my shriveled cohonas and give them back to me? Or can I borrow yours for a minute?
    (should be in good news thread) Merry Christmas to me! Got Jafo to ask boss (We work in the same place) for loan. Boss handed us a $400 check to be paid back at $20/week. Thank-you!!!

Stargazer- Would your daughter drink honey lemon tea? My Grandmother used to make me drink it whenever I got sick. It MIGHT help.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about everyone's problems.

Geek the girl, good for you for not taking No for an answer. Stuff like this pisses me off. Young women Can and DO get breast cancer. Just because we are young does not mean we aren't going to get something. Please keep us posted and until then, you will be in my prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Does anybody have this issue? My boss drives me crazy and is a pretty good guy at the same time. He has a bad sense of humor( which is only funny to himself I guess) He makes off the cuff comments he thinks is smart and or cute, but frankly they are mostly condesending and offensive, though the person he is referring to has already walked away. He makes somewhat racial toned comments and I had to call him on one, because it offended me based on race. He does not know my family or what they look like and made a comment about Asians, which my wife is and my kids also. He apologized,but it sounded insincere. To me he has the classic "little man in the schoolyard" complex and uses his position to be an ass. So after writing this, he's not somewhat good guy, he is an ASS, but I guess my question is, should I bring my concern higher?
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Gracie: I like the idea of painting targets on the doors.

Alias: If you have talked to him and he hasn't changed, I think I would take it higher. Maybe someone above him could get him to see how that kind of remark is not good in a business environment.

Geek the Girl - Sorry to come so late to your worries. I would call back and ask for them to call you if there are any cancellations. With the holidays here, it would seem like a good bet there will be some. I'm glad you're taking it seriously. Odds are it isn't cancer, but those odds didn't work for me.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread