+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    A friend of mine was stabbed walking home on Friday evening. To guys just approached him and a girl and stabbed him twice, once in the neck and once in the lower back. Lucky for him they didn't hit anything important (although the cut in the back was about 3 inches deep) and it was right outside the hospital so he got to the ER in time (he said had he been farther away he might not had been able to walk there). He will be OK but it's just really scary, I always thought my town was safer then other cities, it just felt like it. You really get to think when something like this happens to someone you know.
    :OMG That's awful! Good to hear that your friend is ok. That does sound scary though. It really puts other problems into perspective.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

femme! That's horrible. I'm glad he got to the hospital and seems like he's going to be all right. Gosh, that's awful.

Gutmutter and Jafo, I hope you both get to feeling better soon. I'm sorry you can't finish by Christmas, Gut.

In comparison, my own troubles are very minor, but I think I'm getting the flu. I have a fever today and feel horrible. Just in time for my daughter's birthday and Christmas. I'd been meaning to go get a flu shot for both of us, but was putting it off until after Christmas. It doesn't bother me to be sick so much, but I'm worried my little girl will catch it and be sick for her birthday.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    femme! That's horrible. I'm glad he got to the hospital and seems like he's going to be all right. Gosh, that's awful.

Gutmutter and Jafo, I hope you both get to feeling better soon. I'm sorry you can't finish by Christmas, Gut.

In comparison, my own troubles are very minor, but I think I'm getting the flu. I have a fever today and feel horrible. Just in time for my daughter's birthday and Christmas. I'd been meaning to go get a flu shot for both of us, but was putting it off until after Christmas. It doesn't bother me to be sick so much, but I'm worried my little girl will catch it and be sick for her birthday.
    Ack! Don't worry. I think we all have troubles (or something troubling us) and this is a good place for advice or just sharing to get it off your chest. Maybe you will be in luck and your daughter won't get sick. Usally there is one person in the house who doesn't!

Thanks for the good wishes. (Ijust wish my boss would quit looking at me weird. I don't want to try to explain hormones and stuff to a 64 year old man in a bad toupe )

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    :
    The flu is only "minor" to those who don't have it, or really only have a bad cold! I especially feel bad for you having to try to get up and take care of your daughter while you feel so bad-- like you've been run over by a truck, isn't it?. You and Little Star have my deepest sympathy; I had, I think, a touch of flu over the weekend; Saturday I was heaving horribly all day, and ran a fever till yesterday. I still feel sorta bad. Thank God I'm out of work still anyway. I wanted to get a flu shot too, but since last year's shortage I wasn't been able to find any vaccine not reserved for old/frail people.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Gutmutter, sorry about the delay in your treatment. Take care of yourself!

Stargazer, get lots of rest. You'll need it! I know exactly how you feel. I haven't been able to keep down anything today. I'm hoping it's something I ate because I don't want my kids getting sick either.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Well, no rest on the horizon. My daughter has such a snotty nose, she can't sleep. I'm crossing my fingers she'll be over it by her birthday.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Pollyanna here looking on the bright side today... because of the delay in treatment I get to go to the staff Christmas party after school today which I would have missed otherwise. I will also have more time for holiday preparations instead of rushing off to the hospital 45 min. away every day after work. I have a burn ointment now which is reallly helping and am not expected back until Monday when they will re-evaluate my situation. And my Secret Santa gave me a huge box of chocolates that I'm using to self- medicate.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 12-14-2005 at 08:03 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Pollyanna here looking on the bright side today... because of the delay in treatment I get to go to the staff Christmas party after school today which I would have missed otherwise. I will also have more time for holiday preparations instead of rushing off to the hospital 45 min. away every day after work. I have a burn ointment now which is reallly helping and am not expected back until Monday when they will re-evaluate my situation. And my Secret Santa gave me a huge box of chocolate that I'm using to self- medicate.
    Good news!! (in it's own way)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    And my Secret Santa gave me a huge box of chocolates that I'm using to self- medicate.
    That is the best medicine, after laughter. Have fun at your party, Gut.

This will probably turn out to be a "Share your good news" candidate in a couple of days, but I thought I'd share my concerns with you since you're such a loving and supportive bunch.

Here's the thing: I've discovered a lump in my left breast. It's been there for a month or two (possibly longer - unfortunately, I don't check my breasts as often as all women should), but it wasn't until today, when I had my fiancé feel it and he thought I should look into it immediately that I realized the gravity of it. Also, I called a hospital that specifically deals with breast exams and talked to them when the lump was first discovered, and they pretty much told me I was too young to have breast cancer and advised me to wait a while. (Mammograms are not given to women until after the age of 50 here in Sweden - insane! I get furious just thinking about it.) Which I have. I've been so busy with coursework that I've kept it out of my mind. Since I'm so young (25), it's probably hormonal or a benign cyst, but I'm still really worried and can't stop thinking about it. My grandmother died of breast cancer, so I know I'm at risk, too. I'm calling the hospital to make an appointment first thing tomorrow. I don't want to be worried like this over the holidays.

Like I said, it's probably nothing, but it's nice to get it off my chest (no pun intended).
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread