+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree966Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I'm having problems with my (only) television and all I'm worried about is that I won't be able to watch Survivor's finale. My sister will be taping it for me, but it's just not the same **insert pouting face her**

Me and my girlfriend officially split up.
    It got really nasty.
    Im not the kind of person who has lots of girlfriends either, i am careful with them as I dont like getting hurt, she was my first serious girlfriend, we were going out for about 2 years, i dont think either of us wanted to split, i actually broke up with her, but i was starting to realize that she wasnt the kind of girl who liked being in a long term relationship so i kinda nipped it in the bud and i guess ended the relationship before it could get uglier. We are both not talking to each other and im fine with that, its just .... i dunno its still on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bobpickle View Post
    Me and my girlfriend officially split up.
    It got really nasty.
    Im not the kind of person who has lots of girlfriends either, i am careful with them as I dont like getting hurt, she was my first serious girlfriend, we were going out for about 2 years, i dont think either of us wanted to split, i actually broke up with her, but i was starting to realize that she wasnt the kind of girl who liked being in a long term relationship so i kinda nipped it in the bud and i guess ended the relationship before it could get uglier. We are both not talking to each other and im fine with that, its just .... i dunno its still on my mind.
    Well, for one , I commend you on still thinking about it even though you were the one to break it off. Usually the dumper doesn't waste time thinking of the dumpee. (don't mean to make it sound so cold, but I've been on the dumpee end, and it would have been nice if he would have given me a second thought) That means you actually have a soul, Bob! And you recognized that someone didn't want what you wanted- why should you beat yourself up for that? If what you want is a meaningful, committed, long term relationship, then pat yourself on the back for not settling for less than that. Of course, if you are a good human being, it will be on your mind, because you cared! You did what was best for you- don't waste any more time thinking you made a mistake. Things work out or not for a reason. (You may never find out that reason, but you WILL find someone who wants what you do one day. There are millions of potential mates out there- you just have to keep yourself open to new people! Screw her! She didn't deserve you anyway!
    Go Tigers!

Hey Bob - the important thing is not to let it make you bitter. Remind yourself of the great times you had while it was good. Sometimes it helps to put it on paper... great times vs. reasons for the split. If you find yourself obsessing about it, set a certain time of day - about 15 min. - when you will give it your full attention and when it comes up other times tell yourself, "It's not time for that right now." Practice saying her name with a smile. Make it a smile of fond remembrance. Add a wistful head nod or two. Then keep on going. You will meet someone better suited to you.
    Count your blessings!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Ok, I need to whine a minute. I have gallbladder problems ( need to get it removed but no ins. ) so every once in a while, out of no where I look pregnant and nothing fits. This time I have even missed something important and have an even bigger belly. MY TUBES ARE TIED!! And I have thought I might be pregnant once before from this happening. It is pissing me off!! I look and feel pregnant but don't get a baby. Stupid gallbladder. Any suggestions?
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I'm going to whine with you princess - I shovelled so much Friday that I literally flayed off a huge patch of fragile radiated skin. now I have an open, weeping area with a gel bandage on it and can't continue radiation until it heals. There goes my Christmas deadline.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm going to whine with you princess - I shovelled so much Friday that I literally flayed off a huge patch of fragile radiated skin. now I have an open, weeping area with a gel bandage on it and can't continue radiation until it heals. There goes my Christmas deadline.
    That's not whining that's awful news!! If we lived near I'd send Jafo over to do it for you while I baked you cookies.

Gutmutter and Princess - you two should sit back, and relax.
    Gut - OUCH! I am sure you will nurse that to heal and finish up with that treatment in no time,

Princess - I am sorry to hear about your gallbladder. I had mine removed 18 months ago. The only advice I can offer, is stay away from the spicey foods and the MSG. That is what sent me to the ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Gutmutter and Princess - you two should sit back, and relax.
    Gut - OUCH! I am sure you will nurse that to heal and finish up with that treatment in no time,

Princess - I am sorry to hear about your gallbladder. I had mine removed 18 months ago. The only advice I can offer, is stay away from the spicey foods and the MSG. That is what sent me to the ER.
    Thanks. I just hate having every feeling and symptom of pregnancy without the pregnancy. It is annoying. But Gutmutter has ALOT more room to complaon than me. I am just being cranky and whining.

A guy I know was stabbed walking home on Friday evening. To guys just approached him and a girl and stabbed him twice, once in the neck and once in the lower back. Lucky for him they didn't hit anything important (although the cut in the back was about 3 inches deep) and it was right outside the hospital so he got to the ER in time (he said had he been farther away he might not had been able to walk there). He will be OK but it's just really scary, I always thought my town was safer then other cities, it just felt like it. You really get to think when something like this happens to someone you know.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 12-13-2005 at 01:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread