+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1554Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member
    gracie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I also agree that you did the right thing by speaking up. Family drama is the worst, and no matter what you do somebody's nose will be bent out of shape. She should definitely be mentioned, it's not right to act as if she never existed. Take care.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Aww Gracie. Sorry to hear about you and Mr. Gracie's loss. Sending good thoughts your way.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    gracie, sorry about the loss of your father in law. I agree with everyone else. You did the right thing by speaking up. Whether the step mother liked it or not, his first wife was part of his life and they did have children together. Talking to the half siblings is probably your best bet. You and Mr. Gracie are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for your support. Everything went as well as those things go if you know what I mean. Now we just need to get the step-MIL's affairs in order. She doesn't drive so someone (me) will have to take her to all of the places she needs to go to get things settled. I don't mean to complain, but sometimes I wish her children lived around here.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie View Post
    Thanks everyone for your support. Everything went as well as those things go if you know what I mean. Now we just need to get the step-MIL's affairs in order. She doesn't drive so someone (me) will have to take her to all of the places she needs to go to get things settled. I don't mean to complain, but sometimes I wish her children lived around here.
    gracie- hang in there and here is a tidbit for you: My Mom & Dad are 73 in good health, and me being the person I am I always get the calls when the heat doesn't work, something goes wacky with the plumbing, electric, computer, phones etc. I am fortunate that I have the ability and skills to be able to take care of these things and sometimes I feel a little annoyed because it cuts into my "me" time, but then I remember what I tell my techs at work: You have the skills and ability to do things that some others cannot do, so enjoy being able to help while you can. I sometimes say to myself why don't they call my brother but he can't do that stuff soooooo.. anyhow gracie - I know you weren't complaining but you will get your rewards.
    Last edited by just1paul; 11-30-2005 at 06:39 PM.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I feel so awkward posting this because all your problems are a whole lot bigger than my tiny little one, but here goes...

Today has been a really crappy day for me because:

1. Elections for freshman class officers were today (Yeah, I know. Kind of late for that.) I ran, and we were supposed to have the results by the end of the day. There were nine people running, and the top four vote-getters win. And guess what? There was a tie for fourth place, and our teachers voted on who got it. So we have to wait until tomorrow. And this is stressing me out A LOT. Because I'm pretty sure that 3 people are in, no question. But I'm not so sure about myself. I think I'm probably one of the tied people, if I'm in it at all. But if I WAS, and our teachers are deciding, I guess I'm okay with it because I'm a good student, well-behaved, always turn in my homework, study for tests kind of person. But lately my brain has been elsewhere, as you will see below:

2. I got a D on a math quiz. I had an average of 100 in math, so it only brought it down to a 97, but still... I get how to do it, but somehow I never get the right answers. But there were three questions on the quiz, so I only missed one, but I still feel so awful about it.

3. I forgot to turn in homework for English class. Which is a class I have to worry about. So I got a zero for the homework and my grade dropped 6 points. So I have to turn it in if the teacher accepts it, which I'm not sure she will. And I have to get my grade up really fast, because if she accepts it at all, I'll most likely only get partial credit, but that's a whole lot better than a zero. But my grade will still be affected (badly), so I have to get that up really fast because we only have a week left in the quarter, plus semester exams.

So I'm really upset and worried and stressed and anxious right now.

Ugh, I have to vent! It's 12 a.m. and I seriously cannot get my mind off of how broke I am. I have bills that are going to be late, an AMEX card that is going to most likely be late this month and I will barely be able to pay the rent and buy food. I'm a student and my husband and I are a young couple-I know when you're starting out it's really tough sometimes-wayyy tougher than my situation but here's the icing on the cake...

My husband is so unrealistic. I feel like I'm trying to budget things and get through this really rough month and he's acting so non-chalant. He's always wasting money when we don't have the money for it; restaurants, some other stupid thing he can wait for. I feel like I'm constantly struggling with him to be real and he's so go with the flow.

I don't get how I get through nucklehead that we don't have money to waste. Haha, I'm going to have such a typical argument in the morning: MONEY! Anyway, things are tight and he claims to be stressed but won't take the actions to curb silly spending habits. He grew up fairly upper class, in a beautiful Manhattan apartment and I grew up middle-class but...well, with a good head on my shoulders.

The funny thing is every time I tell him we're digging ourselves into a hole, he ignores me and we end up paying for it later. It happens time and time again and he ignores me everytime. Ugh-MEN!
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I had to take my truck in to the shop today. My transmission was acting up, or so I thought. Turns out I need a new clutch, badly. $780!

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl View Post
    I feel so awkward posting this because all your problems are a whole lot bigger than my tiny little one, but here goes...

Today has been a really crappy day for me because:

1. Elections for freshman class officers were today (Yeah, I know. Kind of late for that.) I ran, and we were supposed to have the results by the end of the day. There were nine people running, and the top four vote-getters win. And guess what? There was a tie for fourth place, and our teachers voted on who got it. So we have to wait until tomorrow. And this is stressing me out A LOT. Because I'm pretty sure that 3 people are in, no question. But I'm not so sure about myself. I think I'm probably one of the tied people, if I'm in it at all. But if I WAS, and our teachers are deciding, I guess I'm okay with it because I'm a good student, well-behaved, always turn in my homework, study for tests kind of person. But lately my brain has been elsewhere, as you will see below:

2. I got a D on a math quiz. I had an average of 100 in math, so it only brought it down to a 97, but still... I get how to do it, but somehow I never get the right answers. But there were three questions on the quiz, so I only missed one, but I still feel so awful about it.

3. I forgot to turn in homework for English class. Which is a class I have to worry about. So I got a zero for the homework and my grade dropped 6 points. So I have to turn it in if the teacher accepts it, which I'm not sure she will. And I have to get my grade up really fast, because if she accepts it at all, I'll most likely only get partial credit, but that's a whole lot better than a zero. But my grade will still be affected (badly), so I have to get that up really fast because we only have a week left in the quarter, plus semester exams.

So I'm really upset and worried and stressed and anxious right now.
    Oh, Survivor, I would kill for my 15 year old son to have your worries! You are so far ahead of the average kid in school so pat yourself on the back, sweetheart. As for your English teacher, if you are good student, she will give you some leeway if you make a point to talk to her. If she respects your previous work ethic, she will cut you some slack. Trust me, my whole family are teachers, and they give preferential treatment to the kids who care enough to try, even if it's late. My 16 year old son "forgets" to turn stuff in on time sometimes, but in class, he is involved and interested, so they cut him slack all the time. (He is very handsome and charming, but with a very happy can- do attitude, and is currently laughing over my shoulder at me being on this website!) Trust me, you are WAY ahead of the game because you CARE, SWEETIE! (Travis is agreeing with me!)
    Go Tigers!

Stupid car shop just called. I also need a tune up and a fuel filter. All told it will be around $1200 before I get my truck.

Normally I would worry that they were trying to rip me off, but I know my truck needs a tune up (It has been over 60,000 and it has been running rough) plus it has a weird motor that to change the plugs you have to practically take out the motor to get to the last 4. Oh well, better than it dying on the freeway or having to buy a new car.

+ Reply to Thread