+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Aww, thanks everyone. I felt kind of silly for posting that when everyone else has a lot more serious stuff going on. Thanks for all the kind advice. I finally just took what is probably an obscene amount of Advil, laid down in the dark and tried not to move too much until I passed out. It lasted until halfway through Thursday, it was such a bad one. God, I hate migraines.

snoopy, I missed your post when I came in to gripe. My mom is about to have her gallbladder out and I've had trouble with my own in the past. It can cause a wide range of seemingly unrelated symptoms. I'd definitely get some more tests run as soon as possible, though he's pretty young to have those sorts of issues.

dberk, I hope they find out what's wrong so they are able to get to work at gettign her fixed up and sent home.

I'm sorry about your job difficulties, joeguy. That can make your life stressful when work is stressful.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

This isn't any where as bad as others troubles, but my coffee pot died mid pot this morning.

dberk, your mom is in my thoughts. Keep us posted.

joeguy, hang in there!

dagwood,sorry about your coffee pot! Hope you can pick up a new one before withdrawals begin!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I'm not 100% sure what to do about this and I'm sure others have had the same problem. mr. gracie's father passed away a couple of days ago and yesterday we were with his step-mother to help with the arrangements. She was absolutely adamant that nothing be said in the paper about the first wife (his mother). Nothing about being married before or where two children that were 9 and 8 when they got married came from. I finally suggested that it at least it say he was married and divorced before he married the present wife. Now I'm not so sure that was the right thing to do because his half sibs may feel slighted because she wasn't mentioned by name. It's not as if mr. gracie's mom is going to do anything, she died 20 years ago. Do I say anything to the half sibs explaining why it's like that or just let it go and hope they don't see it in the paper?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Sorry to hear about your father in law, Gracie.
    You might as well go ahead and explain,you know when you wish someone wouldn't see a thing like that, it guarantees they will see it and probably take it the wrong way. This stuff is never easy, is it?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Queen,
    It would probably help if we liked his step-mother more than we do and you're right it's never easy no matter what you do. Thanks for your support!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Darn, Gracie. Sorry to hear of your loss. For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. She should be mentioned just because they had kids. She was a part of his life. You two are in my thoughts and prayers.

gracie- I agree with QueenB that a "heads up" is in order. If they know your (step) MIL, I'm sure they will totally understand.

I posted a Good News/Bad News combo update on my mom under the "Good News" thread. Thanks for your support, FORTers.

Ohh I'm hoping someone will read this in time...

Well, I've got a term paper due tomorrow (believe me, I haven't procrastinated, just stumped for the past week), and I don't know how to begin without plagurizing (can't even spell*tsk*tsk*).
    Can someone help me with a title, at least that will help me move on.

It's about the World Summit on Information Society (who in the world will control the internet) and how this summit/organization grapples with issues concerning democracy (representation, deliberation, and identity). As you can see it's a political science paper, and I'm not in the poli sci department.

Sorry for your loss, gracie. For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing.

I've mentioned before that we're building a new house. We're scheduled to close on Dec. 29th and the house is looking great. The problem is that my current house hasn't sold yet. There really haven't been many lookers. Our realtor says this is just the wrong time of year to try to sell since most people don't want to move during the holidays. We will move into the new house regardless but obviously would rather not have to stretch to pay two mortgages. Hopefully, someone will come along and take this one off our hands soon!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread