+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I know several of you are dealing with very serious issues, so I apologize in advance for the frivolity of this post. I have my health, I have my lovely daughter and her health, and I'm not living in a box. So I shouldn't complain. But I feel like crap and wanted to vent somewhere. So here it goes.

I can't sleep, as I have a headache. Not a one advil headache. A teeth-grinding, seeing flashes of light, making-me-want-to-puke migraine. Nothing is on tv, but its too loud anyway. I've read all the books in my house, but reading would make me feel yucky anyhow. And I believe I have visited every site on the internet. *sigh* Anyway, I'm feeling cranky and had no one to vent to but my dog and you guys. I'm done now.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

An ice pack always helps me, Star. That and a few Tylenol PM's to help me sleep it off!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Awww Star - I hate migraines!
    The only things that helps me are
    1) Total darkness
    2) Complete silence
    3) NO movement (lying completely still)
    4) Excedrin Migraine

I always get a little warning that I am going to get one by way of little flashes of white light. We all hope you are feeling better today.

Sorry to hear that, Star. I hope it goes away soon.

Stargazer - completely dark room, sitting in a recliner, pain killer - yeech I hate those.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Awww Star - I hate migraines!
    The only things that helps me are
    1) Total darkness
    2) Complete silence
    3) NO movement (lying completely still)
    4) Excedrin Migraine

I always get a little warning that I am going to get one by way of little flashes of white light. We all hope you are feeling better today.
    Same here, but if I catch it before it hits full force, Tylenol works for me too as well as crying.

My mom's in the hospital. They don't know what's wrong and are running a bunch of test. They've eliminated some worries (stroke) and have little to say at this point which I'm hoping is a good thing, but we won't be happy until she's back home for good.

She was so upset about missing Thanksgiving with all 7 of her kids at home that they let her come home for 4 hours to celebrate. Mom hates to even use her cane so I was surprised that she didn't fuss about having to stay in a wheelchair the whole time. She didn't even fuss about being photographed in her bathrobe (over the hospital gown) Apparently she was willing to make some concessions in exchange for 4 hours of freedom and family.

That's scary, dberk. I am glad they let her go for a few hours...it must mean it isn't too serious. I hope they figure it out soon so they can take care of it.

so sorry to hear that dberk. My thoughts are with your and mom and your family

dberk - I'm glad your mom was able to spend a few hours with her children. I'm sure it was the best thing possible for her morale. I hope that she will be fine and home soon.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, work is getting to me right now.....some of you might remember back in aug. when i had that stomach operation, well one of the graveyard shift guys put in his two weeks notice at the beginning of the month. then in sept. another guy on grave shift put his in. now its late november and they just hired one of the guys replacements. what has been going on since that is one of us swing shift have to stay over for 4 hgours and a day crew guy comes in 4 hours early....... the crappy part of this is that I have to sleep later on in the day so i can stay up those 4 hours cause I go to sleep within 2 hours of getting home. so now I have to sleep later then when I get home its another 2 hours to wind down to get to sleep........6am, 8 hours of sleep later its time to get ready for work, this has taken two of my days for me to do things to help out. I wish those braindead monkeys they got in HR would get of their merry duffs and hire someone, but we have a theory that they want happy, perky people. guys in maintenance are not happy perky people, we are there to do a job and go home. how does one be happy, perky when someone has filled a toilet bowl and you need to clear it? ~~~~~rant over~~~~~

+ Reply to Thread