+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie

Now, to my bad news.....I had to put my beloved baby Sam to sleep last night. We had him since he was 7 weeks old. He just turned 15.
    Combatcutie - Sam is now with my Timmy, Fluffy, Puffy,Pierre, Maurice, Aunt Joannes' Max, Shemp, Kitty, Molly, Josh, to just name a few all felines except Josh, Max, Pierre & Maurice, all free, all healthy, all young now,running, playing and eating at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for the time when we join them. *now I'm starting to cry* so just know you are in my thoughts.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    gabriel, thank you for the kind words. I have no doubt that all of the pets you and everyone else has lost are taking good care of my baby. My hubby and I had a long talk last night and I feel much better. Not that I'm running around thrilled about doing it, but I now realize it was the right thing to do. Thank you all so much for your kind words and being here for me in my time of need.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Combatcutie - Sam is now with my Timmy, Fluffy, Puffy,Pierre, Maurice, Aunt Joannes' Max, Shemp, Kitty, Molly, Josh, to just name a few all felines except Josh, Max, Pierre & Maurice, all free, all healthy, all young now,running, playing and eating at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for the time when we join them.
    . . . along with Hadley the Cat, Paige, Thayer, Spartan, Lacy, Painter, Winston, and Hadley the Cat (all cats) and Snipper the First, Tippy, Sherry, Bootsie, Natasha, Muffin, Waldorf, Snipper the Second, Saysha, Jack, Gesundheit, Hadley the Dog, and Casey (all dogs).

Dang. That's 21 pets so far. Geez, I'm going to get mobbed by the time I finally join them!

It's awful losing them, but I'm glad we all have each other and this thread when we have to go through these terrible times.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    . . . along with Hadley the Cat, Paige, Thayer, Spartan, Lacy, Painter, Winston, and Hadley the Cat (all cats) and Snipper the First, Tippy, Sherry, Bootsie, Natasha, Muffin, Waldorf, Snipper the Second, Saysha, Jack, Gesundheit, Hadley the Dog, and Casey (all dogs).

Dang. That's 21 pets so far. Geez, I'm going to get mobbed by the time I finally join them!

It's awful losing them, but I'm glad we all have each other and this thread when we have to go through these terrible times.

Don't feel bad I am at about 50 lost pets. I could start my own graveyard but it would take over my yard. But it is nice to be able to talk to someone who understands. Alot of people don't. ( understand )
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS
    Don't feel bad I am at about 50 lost pets. I could start my own graveyard but it would take over my yard. But it is nice to be able to talk to someone who understands. Alot of people don't. ( understand )

I couldn't agree more. Not a lot of people understand and have the sympathy our fellow pet lovers have.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Sorry for your loss Combatcutie. I echo everyone's sentiments posted above, and hope you feel a little better each day....It's hard though.

Combat, I am sorry for your loss. Your "baby" was in my thoughts and prayers last night. (((HUGS)))

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    wow - I haven't been here in a while and want to send my heartfelt condolences on all the losses, furry and otherwise, that you've all experienced. My heart is here for all of you. Pommy - glad to hear Powder's prognosis won't require the prep H just yet. I wouldn't want to rename you Prepermaniac

for everyone. Combat - Pom said it best when she said that putting their feelings above your own is the hardest thing to do, but Sam sure knows that for 15 years you always did what was best and it didn't stop with your decision to make him comfortable. He's hanging with Queenie, Napoleon and Fritzie. They're having a party

ANd Marley - egads about your situation! Keeping things crossed it stays okay! Stupid insensitive EH Nurse.

hugs for you HappyCynic about your grandpa and hugs for Ana!

Hope I didn't miss anyone - hugs all around for those who need 'em

I guess I'm not the only one who hasn't been keeping up with this thread

CC - I am SO sorry about Sam. I can't imagine what you're going through... actually I guess I can. I've lost pets before and it's devastating. Only people who have truly loved an animal can understand. You did the right thing for him and, even though you are hurting now, he isn't and that's the most imortant thing. It was an unselfish decision that I hope I'll be strong enough to make when the time comes.

I can't even read "The Rainbow Bridge" anymore. Just thinking about it make me start to lose it.

Compared to anyone else's troubles, mine are nothing, but here goes:

I'm less than a month away from finals and am so overwhelmed that I don't know how I'll get through it all. Between now and December 1st I have three 4-7 page papers, a 12 page paper, a presentation and an exam...than I have another huge project due on the 5th. Then I have a week "off" before finals week. I'm actually looking forward to Hell Week when all I have to do is study for finals! Anyway, I've been so busy with other schoolwork and reading that I delayed in doing reading for my big 12 page semester project. I've been sitting here with all 16 books and maybe 7 periodical articles just trying not to flip out. I know what I want to write, but I just have to find all the information. Did I mention that my parents will be staying with me from Wednesday the 23rd through Monday the 28th?

To top it off, I'm trying to get a private student loan because I can't afford to live on the financial aid from the school and (obviously) don't have time to work. Dealing with the bank is stressing me out. Plus, I've been trying to date and meet someone for I don't care to mention how long and I just got a bridal shower invitation for a good friend of mine who is marrying a guy she met maybe six months ago... when she wasn't even looking for anyone. I know:

Anyway, If you don't see me posting around here for a little while, you'll know why.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My ex is dating my sister lol hurray... *sigh* lol

+ Reply to Thread