+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Ok....somebody pass the bedspread............a Kleenex won't do this time.
    The stars at night...are big and bright

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Thanks Marleybone. Someone did send me that link and made it made me cry, but I now realize it had to be done. I would love to post a picture, but for some reason it is saying that the picture is too big. If someone knows how to resize it, please pm me your email address so I can get the picture to you
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

That made me cry 'cause while I was out of town recently, I placed my kitten at my aunty's house for my aunty's maid to care for, and I come back, the maid tells me it ran away. I was so upset that day.. it's not like it's dead or anything, but I loved it so much.. it was always with me everytime i post on FORT, now it feels so weird.

combatcutie's Sam...
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Thanks lildago. I really appreciate your help
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh combat. I'm so sorry. It has to be one of the most difficult things to do. When you need to put a pet to sleep, you feel so alone in the decision. They can't speak for themselves and you have to make the choice of what you think is best for them. It's so difficult and heartbreaking. You did the right thing. It's rough, but you did. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Aww Combat, I am so sorry for you. Please know that you did the right thing and Sammy is no longer suffering. My brother's dog is really in bad shape, and he cannot bring himself to have Fletch put down. It breaks my heart to see a dog in obvious discomfort, and there is nothing I can do. Putting a pet down, is actually a very selfless and loving act.

By the way, the pic is great!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Now, to my bad news.....I had to put my beloved baby Sam to sleep last night.
    Aw geez, combatcutie, I am so sorry!!! Iím so, so, so sorry to hear of this awful loss of your baby!!! Iím just so sorry!

We had him since he was 7 weeks old. He just turned 15. He got really sick in February, but we were able to bring him through that. (Thanks Pom for the great advice during that time)
    Wow, that was all the way back in February?? It doesnít seem like that episode was really 8 months ago!!! WOW. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Powder had gone through a bout of vestibular syndrome about six months prior to Samís episode, and I remember how happy I was that some good (i.e., the passing of useful info along info to you guys) could come of that very scary time with Powder.

Itís a pretty great thing, I think, that Sam was able to enjoy a full eight more months of a pampered life after that scary time, and Iím sure you guysíll will always cherish those months, too.

Well, his legs were never really the same and when the weather started to change, his legs started to give out on him more often. I was so nervous that he would fall down the stairs and break his neck. Then Tuesday, we found 3 big lumps that were never there before.It broke my heart, but I know I had to do it.
    Iím so proud of you for having the strength to put Samís comfort above your own, combat!!! Itís the very hardest thing in the world to do, but The Pomeranians and I support you completely in making the right decision for Sam.

Anyway, this is just really hard and I have cried about it for days. Hubby held up very well until last night when he finally broke down while he was hugging me. My eyes are so swollen and hurt that I can't even touch them.

I know this will get better and was in the best interest for my baby, but it is just so friggin hard. Please say a little prayer that my baby is fine where he is and we will get through this
    I canít say a thing that will make this any easier for you, but I sure do wish that I could. Just know that with time it will get better, and one day the thoughts of those fifteen awesome, irreplaceable, wonderful years that you had with Sam will overshadow thoughts of how doggoned difficult itís been here at the end of his life.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, big-time, my good friend, and I hope youíll PM me whenever you need to talk or if you need anything at all.

Pom

Thank you all so much for being here for me in my time of need. I am truly blessed to have such caring individuals to chat with. I know this will get better over time, but right now it sucks. I thank all of you once again for letting me post on and on about this sad occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Dad seems to be feeling a bit better this evening...
    Based on the brief conversation you posted I feel compelled to say that I LOVE your dad. If he's that much fun in the hospital, he must be a blast at home. Best wishes for his speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

+ Reply to Thread