+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

YAY Pom! I am so happy to hear that Powder is gonna be okay!

Dad seems to be feeling a bit better this evening. His cranky old personality is showing through at times.
    Nurse: How are you today Mr. A?
    Dad: Are you serious? If I were any better, I wouldn't be able to stand myself. Oh wait - that's right. I can't stand myself. I need help. BECAUSE I AM IN SUCH PAIN!
    Nurse: Yep - Mr. A I think you are showing signs of improvement.
    Dad: Must be the gourmet meal you gave me. Green jello - I never knew how much I love green jello. And the beef broth - well, if I closed my eyes, I could almost imagine eating a steak.
    AnaBananna: Dad, be nice.
    Dad: I don't have to be nice - I am sick. Ha Ha Ha. And by the way, tell the nurse if she needs a stool sample again, she can check my boxers.
    - Yep - that's my dad.

Hey Ana...sorry to be late. Glad to hear he is a fighter. Good thoughts and blessings going your way. Oh, and a great sense of humour always puts a big plus in his court...glad to see it.

Ana, he reminds me of my mom. She was in the hospital not long ago and I know the nurses were glad to see the back of her. I hope he improves soon.

Pom, that's fantastic news. I was nearly sick last night when I read your post. I know what little Powder means to you. I'm glad that it might not be as bad as you feared.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I didn't see this until today. Ana, sounds like your dad is getting better. Good news.

Pom, I am happy to hear the good news about your little one. I will keep him in my prayers.

I'm glad everything's ok, Pom!

Ana, your dad sounds like a tough old codger.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Dad: I don't have to be nice - I am sick. Ha Ha Ha. And by the way, tell the nurse if she needs a stool sample again, she can check my boxers.
    - Yep - that's my dad.
    Ana-he's definitely doing better! I'll bet he's a hoot when he is feeling good.

Yay Ana Bannana! Hoping for the best for ya!
    Go Tigers!

Pom and Ana, I was so happy to read that things are looking up for both of you. Pom, what a relief it must have been to get the news about your Powder. Ana, your dad sounds like he has an awesome spirit. How wonderful for you to be there to share in his improving health.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Ana, that is great news. I'm glad your dad is feeling better.

Now, to my bad news.....I had to put my beloved baby Sam to sleep last night. We had him since he was 7 weeks old. He just turned 15. He got really sick in February, but we were able to bring him through that. (Thanks Pom for the great advice during that time) Well, his legs were never really the same and when the weather started to change, his legs started to give out on him more often. I was so nervous that he would fall down the stairs and break his neck. Then Tuesday, we found 3 big lumps that were never there before. It broke my heart, but I know I had to do it. Anyway, this is just really hard and I have cried about it for days. Hubby held up very well until last night when he finally broke down while he was hugging me. My eyes are so swollen and hurt that I can't even touch them. I know this will get better and was in the best interest for my baby, but it is just so friggin hard. Please say a little prayer that my baby is fine where he is and we will get through this
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Now, to my bad news.....I had to put my beloved baby Sam to sleep last night. We had him since he was 7 weeks old. He just turned 15.
    combatcutie, I know your baby is ok now. He is most likely running around with my Luke, Sydney, Brandy and Marley and with Pom's Casey and gazillions of other pets. You did the most unselfish thing by letting him go when nothing more could be done. You know in your mind what you have to do but it's at war with what you feel in your heart and that's what makes it so hard. We have pets knowing that someday we will go through this heartbreak, and I know I will go through it again and again because it's part of the deal and I wouldn't trade the years of joy that my pets give me for anything. I'm sending you a link to the Rainbow Bridge poem. Someone sent me this when my Luke was killed and it gave me great comfort. I'm just a PM away if you need to talk.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

+ Reply to Thread