+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Good luck and best wishes to Powder Pomeraniac.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Ana, Happy, and Pom - my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Pom - waiting to hear what happened with Powder. I know you love those dogs and am so sorry. Happy - be thoughtful of the years you had with him and tell stories together. That helped when my grandmother passed. Ana - any news?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Ana - any news?
    Very little. Today, they said he does not have an obstruction. They still cannot figure out why his kidneys are shutting down. We are all wondering how this could possibly be connected to his gall bladder surgery that he had recently. I don't see how it couldn't possibly be related.
    The surgeon that did that operation, came in and snapped at my mom the "HIS procedure was textbook perfect. So if you are insinuating that I did something wrong, you are barking up the wrong tree." Yeah - we are addressing that another way.
    Anyway, they have started giving him a clear liquid diet, so he looks a bit better. He seems to still be in a tremendous amount of pain. Nothing came back on the x-rays, so we are all baffled.
    Keep on praying for him, it's the best we can do at this point.

Ana, I'm a little late but wanted to say that you and your dad are in my prayers. Hang in there!

ETA :
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    I'm sorry your family is going throught this Ana. Keep hanging in there.

Pommy - Any news about Powder? I'm thinking of you.

FORT Fogey
    THANK YOU to everyone who’s been so supportive of Powder and me this week.

I think the good thoughts and prayers have paid off because the second opinion that I got last night (after she spent the day at that second vet’s clinic) was much, much more encouraging.

I am so relieved!!!

She was crashed out on Monday night when I got home from work so I took her to an emergency clinic in my town and it was there that I was told about the “mass” in her abdomen.

I got a second opinion yesterday, and she spent the entire day with the second vet. (I’d have updated you last night but my home computer’s at the shop right now.)

Anyway the second vet – who’s actually my usual vet (whose office was closed on Monday night when Powder first went down) has known Powder for four years and she’s been a vet for almost 30 years.

In her opinion, the lesion on the radiographs is not a tumor but rather an artifact (a structure or feature not normally present but visible as a result of an external agent or action), possibly caused by the contents of Powder’s stomach at the time the radiographs were taken.

Our regular vet said it could be just stuff that was in Powder's stomach, and it could be the result of the way she was positioned for the x-ray.

The good news, too, is that Powder's appetite has never diminished (she's so Pomeraniac-like in that way) and if it were cancer she'd have shown other signs.

Our regular vet is suspicious of -- get this -- Lyme Disease (which I have) or maybe Cushing's Disease (which good old avatar had).

The tests are underway, and we'll know more in several days.

Meanwhile, Powder’s back home, back up on her papa san couch (which I covered with clean blankets for her!), and she’s watching the world go by through my living room window.

Yesterday poor Tuxedo was all alone 'cause Smudge was at the office with which I share him and Powder was at our regular vet’s office.

Poor Tuxedo was all alone with his little thoughts, and I shudder to think of how lonely he must have been (given that the little pea-brain probably doesn't think too many thoughts!!!).

Thanks again, everyone, for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, ‘cause it certainly seems to have helped.

On a good note, I’m so glad I haven’t cried over this, ‘cause it may not be time to cry, after all. Once I do cry, it’s mighty ugly, and it takes forever for the swelling in my eyes to go down and I end up using Preparation H on them.

Phew. I’m glad I didn’t have to pull out the “H” just yet!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Pom, that is such good news. I will keep both of you in my prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Great news Pom. Those little dogs are tough. Maybe she ate something she shouldn't have and has worked itself out (so to speak)? Glad you stayed positive, and give her a pat for me!

Great news, Pom! I know it's a huge relief!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    I'm very happy to hear your good news Pom.

+ Reply to Thread