+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    TheHappyCinic, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Sorry for your loss, TheHappyCynic. You'll be in my thoughts.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I'm so sorry about your loss, TheHappyCynic.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Premium Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. It's never easy even when you know it's coming.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    It's never easy even when you know it's coming.
    How true that is.

I came home from work tonight and found my American Eskimo (Powder) unwilling to get up or walk. That's unusual 'cause I'm usually bombarded by two happy dogs when I come home from work, and I usually take them out for an hour or more after work.

I usually get up very early each day and today was no different: we got up at 4:45 a.m. and took a nice long walk, and I even left the dogs out in the yard for an extra half hour (from 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. ) 'cause the weather was so darned nice today. She had a wonderful day, just like every other one.

But when I got home tonight Powder was unwilling to move, so I carried her down the stairs and set her on the lawn, and she wouldn't move from there, either. She seemed really, really uncomfortable.

I took her to a local vet's office (her usual vet is closed on Monday) and the radiographs he took revealed a big tumor in her abdomen.

She came home tonight after seeing the vet 'cause she had perked up in front of him, so she seemed better in front of him than she did at home. Still, he felt the mass in her abdomen, felt the fluid that's built up, and saw the radiograph so he said it's just a matter of time.

Now that I have her home again she's back to not wanting to move or do anything, so I think she's in a lot of discomfort and I can't leave her like this.

I'll be taking her to her usual vet in the morning, along with the radiographs so our usual vet can see the tumor, and we'll decide what to do then.

I think it's bad, though, and I have a feeling this is Powder's last night at home, 'cause I just don't have the heart to keep her around when she's feeling so crummy.

It's a little bit easier to deal with this kind of loss when I know it's coming, but it'll still be, as Powder would say, "ruff."

Oh my Pomeraniac! My heart goes out to you with all my dearest thoughts and prayers. Maybe, just maybe it is something that can be taken care of. Please please know that this twocatsdad is thinking of you and Powder and giving Mona & Joey hugs for cyberspace to send to Powder..

Sorry for the loss of your grandfather HCynic. I hope your family is pulling together to support each other.

Oh my god Pom, keep us posted and I know you will do what is best for her. I am so sorry.

Oh, Pom! I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. My thoughts are with you and Powder!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Ah Pom, I'm so sorry. I hope it turns out to be not as bad as you think. Just know I'm sending you and Powder good wishes.

Oh, Powder! I'm thinking of you Pom, it's so hard to see your beloved friend in pain.

You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread