+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    QueenB, good luck with your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery and will be back on FoRT soon
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hey Queenb,
    Sorry to hear about your surgery yuck, but I hope you feel better soon and get back on this board again. Make sure you get plenty of pampering as well. Like backrubs and such

Dberk,
    Sorry to hear about your Aunt dying if theres anything that you need let us know ok?

Lildago,
    What are we going to do with you I leave for a couple of days ok more than that and you turn into a clutz, but seriously stay off the ankle for a while and let other people pamper you for a change. Like plenty of flowers an lots of chocolate.

Shaybo
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Ok Iam totally Ticked off right now. I posted on here yesterday about me and my husband and I can't find it. It was just after somebody getting advice about a girl and just before a teenager saying how she liked this thread because it gave her in sight on relationships. Now I can't find either one.

Well anyway if anybody remembers it just to let you guys know hubby and I talked yesterday and he didn't poo poo me in fact he appologised(sp) to me and saying that he didn't mean to make me feel that way.
    Thanks Guys

Blondie did it again I looked in the wrong thread Iam a total ditz

Shaybo

Thanks FORTers. My mom is coming to terms with losing another sister, but I know it's hard for her. I was never thrilled with the way Aunt Kathryn's kids treated her like she was a bother. I told Mom that after all she's done for the 7 of us, she should never feel that way. It will help that all 7 of us will be here for Thanksgiving (3 are coming from out of state).

Queenb- I know you will feel great after they take out those parts. I certainly did. Enjoy the time off from work.

lildago- Bad news about the ankle. Men make bad patients because they are really just big babies, but women make bad patients, because they continue to do too much when sick or injured. Skipping is officially off my "to do" list. :nono

giz- Financial Planning is a great thing. If your husband can't/won't see the problem when you explain it, maybe an expert third party can open his eyes. He has more than himself to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Sounds like the wheel is turning, but the hamster's dead!
    TOO FUNNY!

Premium Member
    I had a little mishap at work Wednesday. Long story short... I had a body fluid exposure. I wasn't doing anything stupid like trying to recap a needle or anything, it was something that there was nothing I could have done to prevent. The patient is from a high risk population for HIV and Hepatitis, but fortunately she was documented as negative for both HIV and Hep. B. Hepatitis C status is unknown. The only thing is I don't know how long ago she was tested. They are testing both of us, so now I have to wait for labs to come back for HIV and Hepatitis C, no worries about Hep. B since I've been vaccinated for that. I am hopeful that everything will turn out ok but I would appreciate any prayers that you guys could offer to add to my own.

I am always very aware of the risk of this sort of thing happening in my job and I always take the appropriate precautions, but I still was not prepared for how this would make me feel. Especially when the Employee Health nurse acted like it was a big ordeal that she had to deal with another exposure. As if I was having a good time making her work harder. She lightened up when she saw the tears rolling down my face. It's very scary, upsetting and most of all I'm just pissed.

Oh gosh, Marley. I would be terrified. That EH nurse should be ashamed. This might be routine for her, but when you're envisioning worst case scenarios(as anyone would!), its definitely not routine for you. :nono

God bless you, Marley. You'll be in my thoughts. I hope everything turns out okay.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Holy cow, Marleybone! That's scary! I sure hope everything works out! I'll be thinking of you! Be sure to let us know how it turns out!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Hang in there Marley. And thanks for doing a hard job that many of us would never be able to do.

Good luck Marley and try not to worry too much. I have been through something similar...it sucks. And a big raspberry to your Employee Health Nurse for NOT doing her job well.

+ Reply to Thread