+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1506Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee
    Thanks for the replies. I have a place for groups to go to for the word I can't even seem to come to terms with........battered. There, said it.

The D.A called me today and I feel a lot better as the cops didn't seem to be going so much against me as my ex would have wished. Politics can truly suck...

He is free. I'm moving. Justice system is crazy but, I'm lucky I've so many ppl in my life that remind me that there is more good than bad ppl. I get reminded of that periodically here. Thanks again.

Jami

Jami, I am so sorry you are going through this. I'm glad you stood up for yourself. More women need to do this. It is a scary thing, but other people need to know what type of person the abuser is. I really wish politics didn't play a part in domestic situations, but unfortunately, it does. My heart goes out to you. Critical said it best about reaching out to someone. Please be safe and make sure to only give your information to your family. Be sure to tell the police in the new neighborhood the situation and also your neighbors. I will keep you in my prayers. If you ever need someone to talk to, I am only a pm away.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I have two aunts (in their 80's) that are in bad shape. My one aunt had and operations followed by a stroke that she won't recover from. When I called my mom on Wednesday she was crying. This is only about the third time I've ever heard my mom cry during my life and it tore me up. I changed my plans and stayed with her until last night so she wouldn't be alone. Aunt Kathryn doesn't recognize anyone and I'm reluctant to visit her in the hospital. Mom's other sister died 21 years ago and my last memory of her was her panicked expression because she didn't recognize the people around her bed. I don't want the same to be my last memory of Aunt Kathryn. It's a hard choice for me to make.

My Aunt Carrie (dad's sister) was doing very well and suddenly we heard that she had to give up her room in the home because she could no longer take care of herself. I'm going with my mom to see her this afternoon. Her daughter says that the doctors don't know what's wrong.

dberk, I know how it can be. My grandmother is very much like your aunt Kathryn. Just try to remember the good times and when she was vibrant and full of life. As for your aunt Carrie, yeah, similar situation with my grandmother. I hope you guys find out whats wrong.
    Last edited by hepcat; 11-04-2005 at 10:52 PM.

minor - but i have this nasty sinus headache, nice ol cold sore the size of basketball on my lip and feeling yeech!

That sucks, gabriel.
    I hope you feel better soon.

As if I don't have enough going on right now, I hurt my ankle today. While at the park, I was "skipping through the forest" (skipping on a sidewalk canopied by trees) and I turned my ankle. I've iced it but it's still pretty swollen and ugly. I'm debating going to the ER. That's what my 35 year old @ss gets for trying to skip!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    As if I don't have enough going on right now, I hurt my ankle today. While at the park, I was "skipping through the forest" (skipping on a sidewalk canopied by trees) and I turned my ankle. I've iced it but it's still pretty swollen and ugly. I'm debating going to the ER. That's what my 35 year old @ss gets for trying to skip!
    Yikes! You may want to get that looked at b/c it could be broken. I broke my ankle 6 years ago - not fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    That sucks, gabriel.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks HappyCynic - I'm off to make a hot toddy!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    Go. It's better to go and find out it is sprained that to ignore it and find out it is broken. I broke my ankle 7 years ago and it was bad enough to need pins and plates. If yours is broken and you let it go it may get to that point and, trust me, you don't want that.

aw sheesh lildago, skipping through the forest? If thres any doubt as to sprain/break, get ye to thee emergency room.

+ Reply to Thread