+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 1221 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829691195191019 ... LastLast
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

No one would ever expect it, but doesn't it make you feel better that you DID get to go? My mom skipped her best friend's funeral a few years ago because she felt bad that she hadn't visited her when she was sick. And now she still regrets it and will have to live with that. Muduh shouldn't feel bad if she wasn't able to go, but it will grate on her that she didn't.

It would be one thing if it were a wedding and I invited a friend to drive 5 hours away. I would really want her there if she could be to share my happy day.

This was a funeral. I would certainly hope my friends would grieve for me, but there would be no expectation that they drive five hours to pay their respects.

There are some times where people need to learn to hold their objections and not voice them nor type them out on a message board for all to see. Restraint and common courtesy are beautiful things.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Let's all please keep in mind that this is a thread devoted to getting problems off our chests, and nothing more. Nobody is obligated to explain why they make the choices they make. Not to us, anyway.

Thanks.

As most of you here know, I have arthritis. It has been a hard few weeks for me and some days I almost don't get out of my chair. As a result, I have had to let things go that I would never have thought of doing before. Driving is really uncomfortable and I don't know how well I would have held up.
    There's an old Indian saying about walking a mile in someone elses moccasins. We all need to remember this before passing judgement on others. I owe no one an apology for my action, or inaction in this case.
    To those of you who have been such good friends I once more say thank you.

Muduh.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    As most of you here know, I have arthritis. It has been a hard few weeks for me and some days I almost don't get out of my chair. As a result, I have had to let things go that I would never have thought of doing before. Driving is really uncomfortable and I don't know how well I would have held up.
    There's an old Indian saying about walking a mile in someone elses moccasins. We all need to remember this before passing judgement on others. I owe no one an apology for my action, or inaction in this case.
    To those of you who have been such good friends I once more say thank you.

If you'll read what I wrote, I said that maybe you were sick and that I didn't know and in that case I APOLOGIZED. Again, I apologize to you. I was stating my thoughts.

This board is wonderful forum for airing our opinions, but if people are going to post in this particular thread perhaps a little more sensitivity toward fellow posters' problems might be in order. There's not much point in having a thread to talk about your troubles if people are going to shoot them down.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Muduh, I just read this today and I'm sorry for your loss. Your friend and the family know what he/she meant to you. They know that you are a kind, loving person.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Aw, I'm so sorry Muduh.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-01-2004 at 02:25 PM.

Angel boy
    Mudah....

No need to explain your actions. I'm sure your friend would have understood why you couldn't be there in body. The important thing is to memorialize him/her in your own special way.
    America- love it or leave it!

+ Reply to Thread