+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I feel a bit whiny complaining about this, but I had the flu in early April, complete with sore throat, and woke up one morning completely deaf in my left ear due to throat infection. I have finally, after many reschedulings, had an MRI and just got the results yesterday, after arriving on time for my appointment but having to wait for three hours seated next to a bigot. It's official - I am permanently deaf on the left side. The upside to this is, when I'm in the car with Mr. Rattus and he's rattling on about wiring (or comics or music or whatever), it will be a lot easier to tune him out.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus,
    You shouldn't feel whiny complaining about losing the hearing in one of your ears. I'm glad you've managed to put a positive twist on it though.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh Rattus, that stinks that you lost the hearing in your ear. You are not whiny or complaining at all.

When I was a kid, I almost lost hearing in my ear. My doctor told my parents that if I had waited one more day to tell them about my ear hurting, it would have done damage. Now, any time I get sick, I am at the doctor's office especially if my ears start to hurt.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh, Rattus! Sorry about your hearing loss. At least you're finding the bright side of it all and keeping your sense of humor!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Rattus I'm sorry about your hearing, but you did get it checked before it got worse.
    Jamie I'm sorry that you have to move. The Justice system is totally screwed up. Make sure that the only people that get your address and phone # are family members (yours) and tell them NOT to give it out to ANYONE. Next in your new place setup some kind of security system, so if your ex or his friends get wind of where you are you're protected and safe. Also let your neighbors know, so if they see someone they don't know they can call the police. Finally YOU ARE NOT ALONE you have friends here that care and are willing to do anything for you (With in Reason of course.)

Oh by the way its not just women and children that are victims of Domestic Violence men are victims as well. Don't laugh, but its true the reason why its not reported is because, to quote some people "Hes a man hes strong how can he be a victim of abuse?"
    Shaybo
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

wow rattus, I find that amazing that the flu can make you go deaf. How did it happen (what part of the ear got damaged?)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Jamilee. hang in there babe, seek a shelter if you have to. my prayers are with you

Well I think I have earned the Bad Mom Trophy for the year. Here's why.

My youngest son Joe, had been complaining about his chest hurting during soccer practice and games. I sort of poo-poo'd it and kept sending him to practice. Two weeks before the end of the varsity soccer season, he quit. We have a no quit rule in our house, so this was a pretty big deal to me. He said he just couldn't do it anymore. He is a pretty decent player, but he and the coach had issues during the year, so I figured it was more to do with that than with his lack of fitness. He is a very tall, healthy guy who eats right and gets lots of exercise.
    Flash forward to last Wednesday. First day of basketball training. He plays for 1 hour. Basketball has always been his primary sport. (6'4 180 lbs.-of course he should play BBall). He left the gym, and climbed in the car. He said mom, I think I should switch to bowling. WHHAAATTT?? He said he could hardly breathe and his chest was hurting really bad. I asked if he wanted to see a doctor, he said yes. So, after more than 2 hours of testing and x-rays, he was diagnosed with asthma. I feel just rotten because he has complained for several months about it and I did not listen. On the upside, I am sooo thankful that it was diagnosed and is treatable. But I still feel like a big fat looooooser of a mom at this point. Shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    wow rattus, I find that amazing that the flu can make you go deaf. How did it happen (what part of the ear got damaged?)
    A number of people who had the particular flu that I had, including Mr. Rattus, had a bit of temporary hearing loss due to, I believe, liquid blocking the inner ear canal. In my case, it caused irreparable nerve damage. Forthwith, though, I'll be running to the doctor ANY time I get a sore throat.

There is another up side to all this. I've always wanted to learn sign language, and I now have the leverage to get Mr. Rattus to learn it with me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Well I think I have earned the Bad Mom Trophy for the year. Here's why.

My youngest son Joe, had been complaining about his chest hurting during soccer practice and games. I sort of poo-poo'd it and kept sending him to practice. Two weeks before the end of the varsity soccer season, he quit. We have a no quit rule in our house, so this was a pretty big deal to me. He said he just couldn't do it anymore. He is a pretty decent player, but he and the coach had issues during the year, so I figured it was more to do with that than with his lack of fitness. He is a very tall, healthy guy who eats right and gets lots of exercise.
    Flash forward to last Wednesday. First day of basketball training. He plays for 1 hour. Basketball has always been his primary sport. (6'4 180 lbs.-of course he should play BBall). He left the gym, and climbed in the car. He said mom, I think I should switch to bowling. WHHAAATTT?? He said he could hardly breathe and his chest was hurting really bad. I asked if he wanted to see a doctor, he said yes. So, after more than 2 hours of testing and x-rays, he was diagnosed with asthma. I feel just rotten because he has complained for several months about it and I did not listen. On the upside, I am sooo thankful that it was diagnosed and is treatable. But I still feel like a big fat looooooser of a mom at this point. Shame on me.

Oh Ana, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I'm glad that they figured out what was causing him to be out of breath. You are not by any means a bad mother, you are concerned and want your children to try their best. He will be in my prayers and please keep us posted
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread