+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    I found out that a woman I used to work with was killed yesterday by her husband who then turned the gun on himself leaving 3 kids with no parents
    OMG that is so awful ,and Iam so sorry to hear about that. It makes my whinning about Wilma seem pretty pitiful and small.

I hope that they find a family member who will take them in. They're going to need all the love and support right now especially the younger one. I hope and pray that they don't have any night mares from this and that they get some help in dealing with their parents death.
    If you need to talk or anything we're all here for you.

I'm sorry about that last one. I think it might happen to me. He's gonna get me then shoot himself. Went to court after not showing up 3 times because of fear. Tried to stand up for myself for being in an abusive relationship. His father was a big, looked up to cop around here. So, he had half the police station there for him (I was the victim) he was found not guilty and I'm leaving my state because I'm so afraid of him. I think I'm more afraid of the police here now though. Blatent (sp sorry) lies. I was in shock. Abused all over again except with a big, scary audience (my ex being the most frightening)

But, I stood up for myself. Great justice system we have in this country.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee
    I'm sorry about that last one. I think it might happen to me. He's gonna get me then shoot himself. Went to court after not showing up 3 times because of fear. Tried to stand up for myself for being in an abusive relationship. His father was a big, looked up to cop around here. So, he had half the police station there for him (I was the victim) he was found not guilty and I'm leaving my state because I'm so afraid of him. I think I'm more afraid of the police here now though. Blatent (sp sorry) lies. I was in shock. Abused all over again except with a big, scary audience (my ex being the most frightening)

But, I stood up for myself. Great justice system we have in this country.
    Good for you JamiLee. A friend of mine was in an abusive relationship, but she got out of it. Hes even scared of her because one night he tried to abuse her and she fought back.

On another note what the cops did to you was WRONG. Ok granted the police are a "family," but that doesn't give them the right to coverup what he did to you. Instead the should've put him in jail where he belongs and made sure that he got counseling.
    Shaybo
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

JamiLee - That post just broke my heart. I don't know where you live, but you should (if you haven't already) contact one of the many organizations out there who protect women trying to flee abusive situations. The one I know the most about (because my mother's best friend used to run one of their facilities) is the House of Ruth: http://www.houseofruth.org/ They (and other organizations) can protect you and get you the help you need to start over and be safe. If there isn't a House of Ruth near you, I'm sure there are listings in your local yellow pages of places you can go.

Please reach out and get some help and take care of yourself
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

JamiLee...I am glad you stood up for yourself. I was in an abusive relationship once, mostly only verbal abuse but still I took the kids and went to a woman's shelter. It was the best thing I ever did! They were so supportive, helpful. Took me to my court appointments, to look at apartments, helped me get on assistance until I got on my feet again etc etc. I also made a few lasting friendships with other women that had been through the same thing.

I went to Sandra's service today (not the funeral service). It was held at the nursing home where we worked and there were so many many people there including her parents. Very emotional afternoon I will say. So far the police are waiting for autopsy reports to come back. Her mom told me that her husband tied her up and put her in the car but what is not known yet is if she was alive when he started the car on fire or whether he shot her first......it sends chills down my spine when I think too much about it. I keep thinking about her kids and the hell they must be going through right now I was upset though today that the media decided to show up at the service! How rude of them! We live in a small town so this is big news around here but still.......

Anyways, JamiLee, stay safe and on guard always and I am glad you are moving.

JamiLee, Critical is right! Reach out to someone and get help, even if it's in the new state you're moving to. You shouldn't face this alone!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Thanks for the replies. I have a place for groups to go to for the word I can't even seem to come to terms with........battered. There, said it.

The D.A called me today and I feel a lot better as the cops didn't seem to be going so much against me as my ex would have wished. Politics can truly suck...

He is free. I'm moving. Justice system is crazy but, I'm lucky I've so many ppl in my life that remind me that there is more good than bad ppl. I get reminded of that periodically here. Thanks again.

Jami
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

JamiLee, you have a lot of courage. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hope you have some family or friends that can help you. I am sorry you have to move, but maybe it is best especially if he is connected (yikes!)

Be strong, and even though this only a message board...there are a lot of positive vibes and prayers going out to you.

JamiLee you look to the future and keep going that way! You will get through this and be alright. You move as far away as possible, get that unlisted, non published phone number and don't even remotely pass any info to anyone you absolutely do NOT trust! Prayers and thoughts are with you. Keep us posted.

My problem is pretty simple.

Money or lack there of.

I'm always short.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread