+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1506Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Happy Cynic - You didn't "burden" your sister - She burdened herself if in fact she is not speaking to you. Maybe she just needs to digest it. you can PM me if you'd like.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I just want to thank all of you for the kind words and support. I appreciate it.

we're here for you!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    thehappycynic, great for you for coming out! I realize that it's not easy to do. When my best friend's son came out, I was not surprised. Knowing them for years, I was surprised that it took him a long time to do it. I told him I loved him whatever. My own sons told him they still loved him. We didn't and don't care about the sexuality factor. Hopefully your family will be as supportive of you.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    I just want to thank all of you for the kind words and support. I appreciate it.
    Well, I'm late to the thread (I'm not online so much 'cause of computer troubles) but I want you to know that The Pomeranians and I are 100% supportive of you, too!!!

We're here for you, and hoping for the very best!!

Hi Happy Cynic,
    You are not a burden to your sister! Do you know that? You are a fun and loving person and if your sister doesn't see that well then raspberry on her.
    You "came out" ok question does that change you as a person? No I think not. If the situation were reversed I wouldn't have had the strength or the courage to tell my family. What you did took alot of guts, and for that Iam no WE as an online family are PROUD of YOU. Don't YOU EVER forget that WE LOVE YOU AS A PERSON.
    Ok Iam now getting off my soap box .
    Shaybo

PS if you need to talk PM me ok?

My sister is talking to me again, being kind of distant, but at least she's talking. She hasn't brought up anything I told her though. My parents are home now, so she's spending her time with them mostly. I don't even know what I'm going to do with my parents, it's tough.

I want to thank everyone for their support. You guys dont know how much it means to just... have someone there, you know? I don't exactly have any friends I can talk to about this, so I really do appreciate it. Thanks again.

Happy Cynic,

Here is a message from my husband. You are no more a burden to your sister now than you were before you told her about your orientation. As far as my husband is concerned your sister really has no bearing on this and certainly has no say in it. If your sister can not or will not accept your orientation then that is her problem and not yours. She needs to grow up and become an adult about this.

You have one over riding duty and that is to yourself. You must make yourself happy in this life. No one else can do this for you.

Congrats for coming out and congrats on making a choice that will make you happy.

(Again that was from my husband.)

Shaybo

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    My sister is talking to me again, being kind of distant, but at least she's talking. She hasn't brought up anything I told her though. My parents are home now, so she's spending her time with them mostly. I don't even know what I'm going to do with my parents, it's tough.

I want to thank everyone for their support. You guys dont know how much it means to just... have someone there, you know? I don't exactly have any friends I can talk to about this, so I really do appreciate it. Thanks again.
    Thats good that shes talking to you again. Just give her some time and some room. I wish I was there to give you some moral support, but when you talk to your parents just know that we're here for you in spirit.
    Shaybo

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    HappyCynic - I'm coming late to the party here, but want to send my good wishes dealing with this. I'm hoping that your sister is digesting what you told her and finding her own way to deal with it. Take it one day with your parents - I'm sure you'll find the right time to tell them. Just do it on your terms.

Good luck - we're here for you! If it helps to write it all out, that's what we're here for!!

+ Reply to Thread