+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    That sounds bad, joeguy!

It sounds like something worse happened; maybe the dogs went . . . . Ah, never mind about that!

I hope things get better soon!

My only trouble is that I have no home computers at the moment!!!

I have a wobbly desktop and a laptop getting an upgrade, and I've ordered a new one of each, too.

I don't expect the new stuff to show up at the house for a couple of weeks so for now, I'm afraid, I am not able to get in here too much.

I'm not watching much television these days, 'cause it's just way, way too frustrating to sit there with the steady stream of snide, snarky, sarcastic comments running through my head but to have no place to type them and now way to release them.

To ease my frustration it's just best if I stay away from TV while I don't have access to the FORT at home!

So I'll be around, but I'll miss you guys, 'cause our "Show Discussion" threads are an addictive hoot!!!
    ACK! Pomeraniac- you have got to do the Jeannie blink and get past this! make it a month from now... we need you here.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

giz
    Ow! My husband and I both had to go out tonight (me to work tutoring, him to a soccer meeting). He had to go further so he got the car. I took the bike. It's wet out there, it's dark, leaves everywhere. Bike didn't want to make kerb. Down, hard and fast. Pavement meet thigh and hand. Could have been worse, but still hurts and - I suspect - will hurt more tomorrow. Wouldn't be suprised if I can't type. Good thing the leaves are raked and the house is clean as by tomorrow I might be pretty useless. I was looking forward to some loving tonight, but I'm too bruised now! Sad me, even sadder husband.

Ow giz.

Sorry Joeguy, I hate medical billers, they just keep screwing up everything, I'm fighting a bill from last year and I keep going through this over and over and over. The insurance company agrees that the docter office is doing it wrong and have even contacted them while I was on the phone. The brain dead billers still get it wrong.

Plus it's hard to always have one more bill to add to things.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

joeguy - I just want to give you a hug, and slip you a shot of brandy. Pay what you can, but contact them, so they know you have good intentions.
    Count your blessings!

Sorry joeguy. I hope things work out for you soon.
    ----

I "came out" to my sister yesterday. I dont know why but I just felt comfortable telling her. Of course, now I wish I hadn't said anything. She was the one person who I thought would be able to understand or be supportive or something, but I guess it's just too much of a shock right now. We haven't talked since, and things have just been really awkward. It makes me sad because I didn't do anything wrong. Why do I have to get in trouble for just being myself? It's so frustrating sometimes. "Coming out" is like telling them I did something wrong, only instead of fearing I'll be yelled at or grounded, I fear that I'll ruin everything and they wont want me around anymore.

My parents didn't end up coming back. They're still stranded in Florida. They should be coming back sometime this week though. I haven't quite figured if I'm going to tell them yet (or if my sister will), I do feel bad though for burdening my sister with that information. Now she might feel obligated to keep the secret with me, which is hard, I know, I've been doing it all my life. I'm sorry for bringing this whole thing up again, it's just something I'm having a lot of difficulty with. Other people can do it though, so I know I can too.

To all of you guys, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news. Joe Guy I kind of know how you feel. Last week my back tooth was kiiling me, so I went to the dentist to have it fixed. Well it turns out that I'm going to need a root canal and a crown which is going to set me back about $500.00. I hope my Dental Insurance will cover the rest of it.
    Then this week Wilma Decides to stop by for a visit, and I've looked around my neighborhood and some people have no roofs and a little bit of water damage. I pray that they get the help they need and thank God for keeping the house and cats Safe.
    Shaybo

giz
    I can type! Must be because I put ice on it immediately, but I don't even seem to be too bruised. It's funny how when you have an accident everything seems to happen in slow motion.

Happy Cynic, she may just be processing. Some people take longer than others. She might just be wondering what it means for you and your life. Could you give her a hug, and say "Everything still okay with us?". See how that goes before diving in with your mum and dad. Or you could go for the rip the bandaid off route and do everything at once, but I suspect that would be way too stressful, and it would be better to go slowly, one family member at a time. Hope your mum and dad can get home soon. This is why I don't want to go to Florida!!

aly
    Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    Sorry joeguy. I hope things work out for you soon.
    ----

I "came out" to my sister yesterday. I dont know why but I just felt comfortable telling her. Of course, now I wish I hadn't said anything. She was the one person who I thought would be able to understand or be supportive or something, but I guess it's just too much of a shock right now. We haven't talked since, and things have just been really awkward. It makes me sad because I didn't do anything wrong. Why do I have to get in trouble for just being myself? It's so frustrating sometimes. "Coming out" is like telling them I did something wrong, only instead of fearing I'll be yelled at or grounded, I fear that I'll ruin everything and they wont want me around anymore.

My parents didn't end up coming back. They're still stranded in Florida. They should be coming back sometime this week though. I haven't quite figured if I'm going to tell them yet (or if my sister will), I do feel bad though for burdening my sister with that information. Now she might feel obligated to keep the secret with me, which is hard, I know, I've been doing it all my life. I'm sorry for bringing this whole thing up again, it's just something I'm having a lot of difficulty with. Other people can do it though, so I know I can too.
    Stay strong and know you didn't do anything wrong at all. It is a shame when people can't accept someone for who they are. I imagine your sister will come around eventually. Maybe she is just getting over the shock of you not telling her for so long. I'm sure she still loves you just the same. Just give her some time to come around. Keep your chin up!

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic

I'm sorry that you are going through this. Your sister may just need some time to think things over. This is a big change for her too. It's a shame that people don't accept you for you. Good luck with this and if you ever need to talk, you know your fort friends are here for you
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ThehappyCynic , good luck.....its a shame your sisiter can't accept you and is distancing herself. maybe she will come around given time.

+ Reply to Thread