+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Ouch Pom......take it easy and get well soon
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    My trouble's nothing major and it'll be better soon enough -- but I fell down a few weeks ago and cracked a rib and the bloody thing is wicked painful!!! I'm just tired of it, and there's nothing to do for it except just wait for it to get better.

Meanwhile, holy crap!!!. It hurts to breathe and talk and move. Luckily (or not) it doesn't hurt to type so I can still gripe about it here!!!!
    Aw.. Pommy. Unfortunately there's not much you can do with a cracked rib. Just curl up with the Pomeranians and get lots of rest and cuddle time. And gripe/snark/bitch about it to us as much as you need to.

Just wanted to let you know that my Dad was checked out today and is back at home.

He has two treatments next week, and had three last week --- to put this in perspective he normally has one a month.

We are going to be looking into the apartment/house thing.

Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts for my Dad.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    JLUVS keeping warm thoughts for you and your dad

Pom ouch, take care lady.

again, bad luck has hit me, I turned off the truck when I got to work the other day and the key broke off without any warning of getting weak, so now I got the Jethro Bodine key going to start and stop the engine (screwdriver) and it will take $260 to replace the ignition if I want to fix it.......

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the good thoughts everyone!!!!

gabriel, I really appreciate the advice, but it's impossible to not laugh because every time I come to the FORT I read something you wrote and I start laughing!!!

JLuvs, good luck with your dad -- I hope things go well for you and your entire family.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    again, bad luck has hit me, I turned off the truck when I got to work the other day and the key broke off without any warning of getting weak, so now I got the Jethro Bodine key going to start and stop the engine (screwdriver) and it will take $260 to replace the ignition if I want to fix it.......
    Aw joeguy THAT STINKS!!! How the heck does THAT happen? It's always a concern of mine -- not so much now that I'm driving a newer vehicle but, geez, if you had no warning then I guess it could happen to any of us.

It seems like it's always something, and I hope you can find a used part at a salvage yard or something to cut down on the cost.

Well, the cold front came here this weekend, and what do you know, our heating unit has broken down (kids were sleeping in sleeping bags last night). The motor was out, the repairmen changed that but the whole thing is apparently so rusted from the inside that it could break down anytime - and produce carbon monoxide. It is 15 years old, so I guess it was supposed to start breaking down sometime soon, but... Anyway, we are probably looking into replacing the whole AC/heating unit, and there goes our savings then (which we were planning to use to go home to Finland with the kids next summer). But what can one do, it makes me so nervous to think that the unit is borderline dangerous, that I can not live with it for longer than I absolutely must. For now hubby is getting some extra carbon monoxide detectors, but those will hardly help me sleep at night. I am just hoping a wave of hot air would be coming through soon, so I can turn the heat off...
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    JLuvs, good luck with your dad. He will be in my prayers.

joeguy, that stinks that your key broke in the ignition. I wish you the best of luck if you decide to get it fixed

Tirlittan, oh man, that stinks about your heating unit. I hope you get it fixed soon so you will be able to peacefully sleep at night.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    joeguy, that stinks that your key broke in the ignition. I wish you the best of luck if you decide to get it fixed

More "happy" news, I just got another medical bill from the doctor that did my epidural in April......why they waited till october to file the insurance claim is beyond me, but the short term disability insurance i have haven't given me my check for time lost in sept. so i am short on cash. so i now have to contact them and put them on payments too. not sure i can even afford $50 payments now without sliding into backruptsy. I must have stepped onto an ancient indian burial ground lately while out walking the dogs in the desert to have this much bad luck

FORT Fogey
    That sounds bad, joeguy!

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I must have stepped onto an ancient indian burial ground lately while out walking the dogs in the desert to have this much bad luck
    It sounds like something worse happened; maybe the dogs went . . . . Ah, never mind about that!

I hope things get better soon!

My only trouble is that I have no home computers at the moment!!!

I have a wobbly desktop and a laptop getting an upgrade, and I've ordered a new one of each, too.

I don't expect the new stuff to show up at the house for a couple of weeks so for now, I'm afraid, I am not able to get in here too much.

I'm not watching much television these days, 'cause it's just way, way too frustrating to sit there with the steady stream of snide, snarky, sarcastic comments running through my head but to have no place to type them and now way to release them.

To ease my frustration it's just best if I stay away from TV while I don't have access to the FORT at home!

So I'll be around, but I'll miss you guys, 'cause our "Show Discussion" threads are an addictive hoot!!!

dammit joeguy- I feel for you. really! - I've been to that burial ground and I know how bleak it seems, but I kept plodding through and now I look back and go Thank You that I am not there anymore. Keep plugging away and think of one positive thing each day. You'll get through it. You're a survivor!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread