+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1689Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Jluvs, I'll keep your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about your dad JLuvs

As for my stuff, who knows. I'm in the process of really trying to distance myself from the male friend. He just keeps trying to catch up with me. If this keeps up I'm done, but it does upset me that we have been able to maintain a friendship for over 25 years prior to this but clearly have different views as what we were like as a romantic couple.

My female friend I truly doubt will change and I just have to hang out with more of my postive friends (who all live much further away). I tried to discuss once with her my gut feeling why she did't date very much. It turned into a week's worth of e-mails and phone calls of why there was nothing wrong with her and what was wrong with me and men.
    Gotta call the dentist to discuss the tooth today.

Just got do this all one day at a time.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member
    JLuvs - I'll be thinking of you and praying for your dad.

nlmcp - No doubt you are right about your girlfriend. Friends like that are so draining and you don't need that right now. Both she and your male friend are zapping all your energy. Do you have caller ID on your phone? Just don't pick up when they call, or just don't pick up the phone at all for a week or so and give yourself some drama-free down time.

nimcp (I hope I don't sound like a know it all, but I've had the same experiences)
    I had a "friend" who was very much as you describe your female friend who eeven asked me once why he couldn't find another guy for more than 3 days. Told hime why I thought, it ended up being a well you this, you that, how dare you tell me blah blah blah. I finally said "look, number one YOU asked me, number two this wasn't about me, number 3 remove me from your email list and don't bother calling." After a few weeks of my not answering or returning phone calls or emails- I never heard from this so called "friend" again. With friends like this who needs enemies?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    JLuvs - prayers and thoughts for your dad (and you)

I'm a bit down today because I'm tired of being diabetic. I've only been this way for about 3 years (I'm 36 and I know people have lived with it for much longer than 3 years, so I should shut up). I'm surprisingly Type I. Usually when diagnosed as an adult it's Type II. Anyway, it's pretty fine to deal with it - I can easily adapt my lifestyle, etc. to the insulin routine and the eating. In fact, there are days I cheat and just deal with it. I have to live, right?

However, being pregnant is a different story. I have a tiny little life depending on my doing the right thing. And I have been! This morning, after a light meal last night and a good blood sugar number at bedtime, I had a fasting sugar of 211. It's like I keep doing things right and then all of a sudden whammo things change and I have to adjust and deal all over again. My endocrinologist changed my short-acting insulin so I'm hoping that will help. I'm sure it will. My sugar has been near perfect this pregnancy, but I'm so afraid of doing something that will harm the little bugger!

I guess today it just became overwhelming. I would do anything for this little person inside of me - I've waited a long time for this so I'm trying not to complain and be grumpy about it. I guess today is just a pity-me day. And my dog is sick. She's usually the one to keep me cheery during the day.

I guess I'll just have to give my daughter a big fat hug when she gets home from school to cheer me up. Thanks for letting me ramble..........

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    JLuvs - prayers and thoughts for your dad (and you)

I'm a bit down today because I'm tired of being diabetic. I've only been this way for about 3 years (I'm 36 and I know people have lived with it for much longer than 3 years, so I should shut up). I'm surprisingly Type I. Usually when diagnosed as an adult it's Type II. Anyway, it's pretty fine to deal with it - I can easily adapt my lifestyle, etc. to the insulin routine and the eating. In fact, there are days I cheat and just deal with it. I have to live, right?

However, being pregnant is a different story. I have a tiny little life depending on my doing the right thing. And I have been! This morning, after a light meal last night and a good blood sugar number at bedtime, I had a fasting sugar of 211. It's like I keep doing things right and then all of a sudden whammo things change and I have to adjust and deal all over again. My endocrinologist changed my short-acting insulin so I'm hoping that will help. I'm sure it will. My sugar has been near perfect this pregnancy, but I'm so afraid of doing something that will harm the little bugger!

I guess today it just became overwhelming. I would do anything for this little person inside of me - I've waited a long time for this so I'm trying not to complain and be grumpy about it. I guess today is just a pity-me day. And my dog is sick. She's usually the one to keep me cheery during the day.

I guess I'll just have to give my daughter a big fat hug when she gets home from school to cheer me up. Thanks for letting me ramble..........

marybethp - what you're feeling about being diabetic is so normal. My dad was diagnosed at 40 and is now 72 and doing excellent. He told me it takes about 5 years to get to the let's just live with it stage. so HANG IN THERE.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Jluvs, You and your dad are in my prayers.

Hang in there, marybeth! I'm sure that your little one will be just fine! And feel free to "ramble" any time! We're all here for you!

JLuvs, still praying for you and your dad!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    marybethp - I also read your post in the "animal lovers" thread. When you are stressed it can throw your blood sugar out of whack and worrying about your dog could be enough to goof up your system. Take some chill time and try not to worry too much. We're pulling for you (and your dog too!) and hope that things settle down for you soon.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    marybethp, you didn't ramble....we are all here for one another. When one of us has a problem or are feeling down, the rest of us are worried about that person. We are here for you. Post anytime you like. I hope you are feeling a little better today
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread