+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

nlmcp, Sounds like you need to put you foot down with your dentist and your friends! I think you should tell your friend that you need her to listen to you now instead of making everything about her! If she's a good friend, she'll understand! As for your male friend, let him know he's on the verge of losing your friendship, as well. The last thing you need is a whining man hanging around! Hang in there with the financial problems! We've all deal with them in some way! Your performance at work is probably affected by all of the other things on your mind. Try to focus on work, maybe it can provide a distraction from everything! We're all here for you. PM me if you need to "talk".
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    nlmcp - sounds like you need a big Hang in there girl.

gabriel - that "look" really does work.
    How about this? -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    How about this? -
    Yup, I've used that one too.

Nlmcp, Gabriel and Lildago gave you great advice (and looks to use), so I'll just chime in with a big . Hang in there.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Hang in there Nancy. I hoep things brighten up a bit for you. Tell the dentist you need that tooth taken care of!!! And my favorite term lately is "rid". Rid yourself of those who add no value. Life is busy enough to have to deal with self-centered people. If you "rid", even for a little while, it might make you feel better.

Something I learned about 8 years ago, you have to think of yourself first, for if you don't you cannot make others happy.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Something I learned about 8 years ago, you have to think of yourself first, for if you don't you cannot make others happy.
    You're so right. It's as simple as what they tell you on an airplane. Give yourself oxygen first in order to help others. It's the same thing. It's so important to take care of your own needs!

Premium Member
    Ditto gabriel, and also to what marybethp just said. I learned that in nursing school. You can't take care of others if your own needs aren't met. It took me awhile to get used to thinking like that, at first it seemed so incredibly selfish, but it's just reality. You really do need to take care of yourself first.

marybethp...what a great analogy!! I totally agree with everyone Nancy,You are a wonderful person, and if people are kind of , well, bringing you down, it is okay to forgo them for awhile and find uplifting people. You need to attend to yourself first. A very good friend of mine has cancer (and you would never know it) and she told me one day, " I don't know how many days I have left so I am just going to hang around with the fun people. " I think that is a pretty good philosophy.

I just wanted to let you all know that my Dad is doing much worse and I am not doing well keeping it all together.

He normally has treatment once a month --- what he has done is very extensive and draining. This week, however, he is going to have it done 3 times.

Quite frankly I would just like to hide right now, but I have a full week of work this week and I am going to see my Dad every night for an hour and be the happy, chirpy one...as that is what he needs to see.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread