+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    My son's health just seems really wierd lately. He's almost 6, and full of beans, but he's been coughing for over a month now. Initially it was an awful cough, and it's not so bad now, but still. And he's constipated, and he has a persistent bloody nose on one side, and now - tonight- I notice he's got dark circles under his eyes. What is up with him? The doctor has finally stopped poo-poohing me, and the kid got x-rayed last week and had blood tests, so maybe we'll know soon. Don't like it though. My niece got sick around the same age, and ended up needing a liver transplant at age 16, so it's like dejavu (all over again).
    When I was a kid I was always coughing and vomitting and my nose was also for no reason bleeeding one side (like on a daily basis)

For the nosebleeds I went to a doctor who (i think) did a procedure that froze the nostril so it would no longer bleed. It was a painless procedure that caused a lot less hassel (my nose would bleed at school, in the car ... basically everywhere)

As for the coughing and bags under the eyes, what do the doctors have to say about that. I was a weird kid, man I would barf all over my clothes, my pajamas, bedsseets, and all the toys. Im not sure id best leave it for the doctor to diagnose that.

Im sure your child is fine though, maybe its your maternal instinct overeacting, however id suggest an immeadiate checkup by a family doctor

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    Yeah, apparently you can stick a pink ribbon on anything, donate 10 cents to breast awareness, and it will sell like hotcakes. I mean, I am all for helping the cause, but I think the stamps are a great idea- you need stamps anyway, so pay a few extra cents per stamp, that money goes to the cause, and I don't have a leather jacket wearing bear on a motorcycle with a pink ribbon junking up my place. I swear, I think that they must pull out the old inventory, slap a pink ribbon on the product and voila! (Of course, that is simply my opinion and I have bought my share of pink ribbon pens, Day Timer pages, etc. so I should shut up. )
    I also don't mind the fundraising, but it does get a bit silly sometimes. Like I'm gonna wash out the pink foil lids on my yogurt and take them back to the store so they can donate 10 cents... Now on the other hand, our good buddy the lovely lildago just posted in another thread that she and her daughters have raised almost $900 in pledges for a breast cancer walk-a-thon. That is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I also don't mind the fundraising, but it does get a bit silly sometimes. Like I'm gonna wash out the pink foil lids on my yogurt and take them back to the store so they can donate 10 cents... Now our good buddy the lovely lildago just posted in another thread that she and her daughters have raised almost $900 in pledges for a breast cancer walk-a-thon. That is awesome.
    THAT'S what I'm talking about! Way to go, lildago! Take my money, but don't leave me any junk. As for the yogurt lids, can't you just lick them?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    As for the yogurt lids, can't you just lick them?
    I let my dogs do that.

Just so you all know my Dad is still in a treatment facility. I offered to share a place with him when he gets out so that he can have someone to look after him.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Thanks for the support, everyone. I know my problems are kind of minor, but it does do some good to have a place to vent/whine.

Jluvs, you are a saint; I know that can't be an easy decision for you to make given how busy you are right now.

I've got all of you on my thoughts and prayers list... hang in there, and keep us up to date!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb, your problems aren't minor to your friends.

Jluvs, you have had a rough time of it lately. I will keep your dad and you in my prayers.

Well here is a mismash of things. None of them serious but just added together it's making me feel down.

1. While some things are going ok with the ex we still are linked with money concerns, some involving federal taxes, that just aren't being taken care. I also just figured out he has been shorting me in either CS or money he was paying me to take care of other things when he gave me a CS only check and I realised he was writing it for $50 then he should have been. Also had a meeting about a mortage and found out due to some of his actions on our joint accounts prior to the divorce, I may not be able to get a good low rate on a mortage.

2. I have a broken tooth, it's a wisdom tooth so they are just going to pull it with the other on the other side. I need 2 crowns. I have lousy dental insurance. For some reason the dentist didn't priortize getting the broken tooth out of there and it chipped off some more. I have to talk to him because I would rather get the broken tooth out now.

3. One of my closest friends is driving me nuts. (female) She has always been a tad self centered but we went out to eat this week and she was insanly self centered. I mentioned going to the dentist and she let me get about 3 sentences out before launching into a 20 min discussion about her last dental appointment and her insurance and her teeth. I mentioned the CS issue, she goes into a long discussion about how when her ex was paying alimony, 8 years ago. She has filed for bankruptcy and it's clear she hasn't learned a thing as she was showing me all the stuff she just bought off of QVC. My other good friend, male, who I tried to date has been losing it. Actually he is driving me nuts too. He has been calling me at 4am, 6am...sobbing wondering why we can't be together. He's fine one day talking to and the next he is demending I tell him that there will be a chance we will get back together (answer is always no way. In fact when he called me at 6am yesterday I told him I was more likely to remarry my ex husband then to date him again and if he kept this up I was ending our friendship)

4. I am drowning at work. I have so much to do and no energy to get it down. I should do work at home but I can't get interested. I should be working now.

I'm sure there is more. I'm just a little down. Oh yeah, I keep missing survier. That's kind of depressing.
    Last edited by nlmcp; 10-16-2005 at 08:46 AM. Reason: I can't count to four that depresses me too
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

nimcp - Oh brother I hate cliches but here goes: It's always darkest before the dawn.
    Some opinions: well you really need go back to that dentist and say "Hey Look - I need this done" , Tell your friend to that while you realize she has/had problems, you would REALLY APPRECIATE it if she would just LISTEN and be quiet once in awhile. Kick that guy to the curb! You have no energy for work because of these other things, just keep plugging away... You have people here giving you positive vibes! and if none of the above work, just give them all this LOOK:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member
    nlmcp - sounds like you need a big Hang in there girl.

gabriel - that "look" really does work.

+ Reply to Thread