+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 1223 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728681185181018 ... LastLast
Like Tree1589Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Thanks guys. I can always come here to feel better. If anyone needs a shoulder, I'm here.

I just read this now... Muduh.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

wow..... i'm at a loss for words.........

My trouble for today (and a lot lately, quite frankly) is that I couldn't get my doctor to prescribe the depression medicine I desperately need. He told me to go to another doctor. I'm also very pissed about it, because I made this appointment after explaining what I need. I would rather they had not wasted my time........

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I sort of need a group hug today. A really good friend passed away and her funeral was today. I didn't feel like driving five hours round trip to go. I feel terrible about not getting to go.
    Awww.. Muduh. Big hugs to you!

Grieving is such a personal process. Just because you weren't there in body does not mean that you weren't with your friend in heart.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I just read this now... Muduh.

I just read this today also -
    I understand - a friend of mine passed away about a month ago and I was unable to make it to his funeral. I felt SO guilty about it. I'm sure the family understands that your thoughts and prayers are with them.

Not to lessen your loss, Muduh. I'm very sorry that your friend died, but sometimes we have to do stuff we don't want to do. I'm sure the family understood, but they probably would have rather had you there.
    Last edited by keemameelia; 10-01-2004 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I sort of need a group hug today. A really good friend passed away and her funeral was today. I didn't feel like driving five hours round trip to go. I feel terrible about not getting to go.

Sorry to hear this Muduh.

But I'm sure if you take a little while to remember her, that is just as good as going to a funeral. Take care.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

No, I do understand. I wouldn't expect people to fawn over me, but I would hope they wouldn't just skip it because they felt it was too far to go. I would hope I meant enough to them for them to come. Now it's living with the guilt of NOT going over just doing it. I stand by it, but again, I am truly sorry for the loss. I've experienced many losses of this kind and it's never easy or fun to deal with.

When my maternal grandparents passed away in Texas, I was willing to hop on a Greyhound bus (and I HATE those buses) to make it to their funerals, and in both cases my family members all insisted I not do that...no one would hold it against me since I live in Kentucky. Everyone has extenuating circumstances in these cases. Muduh, do NOT beat yourself up over not making it graveside.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread