+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1371Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member
    JLuvs-

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    That's the beauty of it... There is no smell. It completely dries them up from the inside out until they turn into a dust bunny.
    Last year I D-Conned the crap out of the mice in my house and had no smell whatsoever. It was very satisfying to hear the boxes rattling while they feasted on the little green pellets of death... all the while I was saying "die you little bastards". (I hate mice )

Oh, Marley! You've got me rolling!

I told my husband to bring some D-Con home today and he forgot! I haven't heard our unwelcome guest since this morning. I think it may be too late! I guess we'll be able to smell, I mean tell, pretty soon!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    a few years ago I had a mouse inthe house (but no cat in the hat) and chased him into the laundry room, screaming at my wife "get me a broom" her reply: "we don't have one the whole place is carpeted remember" so then I scream " get me the toilet plunger" she got it for me and i chased that mouse all over the laundry room smacking at him and finally killed it. but what a site of my swinging that plunger trying to hit that mouse. I ended up getting the snap traps and the sticky pads. I hated the sticky pads. I would drop them in a plastic bag and drop a big brick on them to kill them off quick.

Joeguy, thanks for that visual of you and the broom!

And Jluvs, hang in there. My dad is 73 and he helps me more than anyone with carpooling my kids around, and then some. I would be lost if he was out of commission. I know he's not here forever, but I'm not ready for a reminder of his fragility. Sayin a prayer for you!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    My Dad was just readmitted into the hospital. He has a had relapse of an illness that he has. I don't know how severe it is, but I will find out tomorrow.
    I'll say a prayer for your Dad, JLuvs. I know how stressful that can be for all concerned. That's kinda why I was here this morning. I posted on the "good news" thread too soon, it seems. My sweetie had heart surgery about a year and a half ago, and between that and medication, seemed to have his health problems under control. But a couple months ago, he began having periods of his heartbeat being out of rhythym, and it won't settle down like it's supposed to. Two weeks ago his heart suddenly sped up, and wouldn't slow down. A trip to the emergency room showed a magnesium deficiency, so they gave him pills, and his heartrate slowed down. This week though, he started getting more and more frequent out-of-rhythym spells, even with the Magnesium pills. Now he has to wear a heart monitor, to try to figure what's wrong and if he needs more surgery.
    Doesn't help anything that the arrrythmia (or could it be the medication) also makes him very uptight, crabby and hard to deal with, and he has never, ever, been that way before.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    My Dad was just readmitted into the hospital. He has a had relapse of an illness that he has. I don't know how severe it is, but I will find out tomorrow.
    We want you to know we are thinking of you JLuvs.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    JLuvs, you and your family will be in my prayers. please keep us posted on how your dad is doing. We are here for you if you need to talk
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Doesn't help anything that the arrrythmia (or could it be the medication) also makes him very uptight, crabby and hard to deal with, and he has never, ever, been that way before.
    He is probably scared, and that's just his way of coping but you probably already know that.

I don't know if the magnesium has the same effect on men, but when they give it to moms in preterm labor it makes them really loopy and they usually feel like crap.

Hang in there, my PM is always open if you need to be crabby.

Hang in there, queenb, and try to be patient with him. You'll both be in my prayers!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

My mom (and I) thought that after she recovered from the mastectomy she would be fine and could go on as before. Unfortunately she keeps building up fluid. This is pretty normal, but each time she has to go in to have it drained she gets more discouraged. Yesterday she was in terrible pain. She is used to handling pain well (back problems), but this was just too much and had me crying along with her. Apparently there is some infection and the doctor gave her antibiotics and pain pills. She generally avoids pain pills, because they mess up her thought processes (she goes loopy). I would not trust her to be on her own while she's on them.

My aunt and uncle took her in for her flu shot this morning. She just called and said the pain is greatly reduced, but didn't know the difference between the antibiotic and the pain pill. She's napping now, but I'm headed there to keep an eye on her.

I always include FORTers in my prayers. You people have become an extended family to me. Thanks for your kind thoughts and support.

+ Reply to Thread