+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1674Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Lucy, you always have the best ideas.

Awww Snoopy, that's so sweet. Lildago is a wonderful poster and trust me, we've all been on the receiving end of needing support in any number of areas. You'll be helping someone else soon enough.

My problem with D-con is they still die somewhere in your home; hence there's still a smell to deal with.

When we first moved into our house years ago, it was newly built. Somehow a family of mice ended up between the wall of our bathroom and closet. Particularly in the middle of the night, there would be this scratching in the wall. We were desperately trying to figure out how to get out whatever it was, when Mr. Rose finally hit on a brilliant idea. He stapled a large baggie to the wall where the noise was, then cut a little door in the wall, and sure enough, two mice popped out into the baggie. It was creepy yet wonderful to know they were out and we were rodent-free.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Awww,thanks guys!

No need to thank me, Snoopy! I'm just glad I could help!

Right now, as I'm typing, I can hear the squirrel scratching. It's been in there since yesterday morning. Any idea how long this thing can survive in there?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    My problem with D-con is they still die somewhere in your home; hence there's still a smell to deal with.
    That's the beauty of it... There is no smell. It completely dries them up from the inside out until they turn into a dust bunny.

Ok, maybe we should drop some D-con down to it then!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    That's the beauty of it... There is no smell. It completely dries them up from the inside out until they turn into a dust bunny.
    Seriously? Well then, I learned something new today.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Seriously? Well then, I learned something new today.
    My mom swears by it and has used it for as long as I can remember.

Squirrels drive me crazy by destroying my patio furniture, pulling the stuffing out of them to build their nests. It's frustrating because they have to go after every chair out there--not just one. Their only saving grace is that they are cute and fun to watch.

I would never try to poison one with D Con. That stuff contains an anticoagulant (Brodifacoum) that causes them to hemorrhage to death. It also take 3-6 days to work. It's just a cruel death. I don't see how that could possibly cause them to "dry up," in fact, it seems it would be the opposite. Perhaps they have just crawled off somewhere else to die. As a child, I remember having a mouse die from eating D Con that ended up between the walls of the house, and the stench left was unbearble and lasted for a long time.

My Dad was just readmitted into the hospital. He has a had relapse of an illness that he has. I don't know how severe it is, but I will find out tomorrow.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    My Dad was just readmitted into the hospital. He has a had relapse of an illness that he has. I don't know how severe it is, but I will find out tomorrow.
    Jlovs - you just have to be strong. My dad is very sick and has been for a while. Count on your friends and family, you can't do it alone. People love you, know that.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

JLuvs, sorry to hear about your dad! He'll be in my prayers!

+ Reply to Thread