+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    Well,the rodent guy showed up and I ended up sending him away. He was going to need to go through my wall to get the squirrel out AND it was going to cost $200. So I guess this little rodent will be in squirrel heaven soon because he's not getting out of there! Now I'm just wondering what to do about the forthcoming smell. We are trying to sell this house!
    Drop food in until you move and he's someone else's problem.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Drop food in until you move and he's someone else's problem.
    Pure Evil, Lucy, but I am tempted to do the same thing! Problem is , if I did move, I would leave really cheap rent (I rent from my sis) and also leave my sis with psycho renters who would complain nonstop about the little freeloaders!
    Go Tigers!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Yikes lildago! If that critter dies inside the walls, the strench will be EXTREMELY difficult to get rid of, and I'm thinkin' it would be a deterrent of selling your home.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Lucy, I like the way you think! If only it were that easy!

Jewelsy, It would definitely be a deal breaker for me if the rotten stench of death is in the wall. That's why we're still trying to figure out a way to get it out. Mr.lildago thinks he can lower a trap down through the attic but I'm a little skeptical. I just don't see the squirrel jumping in to be "rescued"!

Snoopy, before you buy traps, check with animal control in your city. Here they will give us the trap with a refundable deposit. And they'll come pick up the trapped squirrel! They just won't come get the damn thing out because it's inside the house! I even tried to play dumb and told them I thought it was a cat but they still won't come inside the house!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

No, you don't want the scent of dead squirrel floating around for potential renters. :nono My mom's house is old and has an unfinished basement and sometimes rats -- -- sneak in in the winter and scrabble around in the walls of the kitchen.
    Um, that sounds grosser than it is. The cats notice them more than we do, but occasionally one goes belly-up, and it's not pretty. Mom has traps in the basement and last year one rat, which must have been HUGE, carried a trap OFF.
    So in other words, I guess just be thankful it's squirrels.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lildago, my problem is my delicate sensibilties. I can't even THINK of leaving the babies in the roof . I would rather deal than kill them or trap them. But they are driving me nuts! I will call animal control first, and hope for the best, but they are chewing the crap out of the walls! That is what I get for living in an animal "SANCTUARY" ! I'll keep you posted, but I assure you that I will not poison them.
    Go Tigers!

Look at all the pages devoted to these little rodents! It's a darn good thing they are so freakin cute!
    Go Tigers!

Rats with bushy tales = D-Con

Snoopy, you may be able to trap the babies too. I think you bait the trap with food so it won't harm them. Talk to animal control and see what they say. They could probably give you some tips.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I would rather deal with pee stains on the ceiling and annoying sounds than deal with hurting them. So I assure you I will contact the most humane people possible to figure out what to do. And by the way, you guys, especially you, lildago, have helped me more than you know. I am officially addicted to the FoRT. I feel as if I have a whole new support group that consists of a wide source of smart people that truly have answers to any number of issues!
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread