+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I haven't been here for 4 or 5 days, so am not up on everyone's news yet. I spent the weekend trying to get rid of this cold so I can still do my last chemo on Friday. I tried to just put my feet up and rest, but I'm a single mom who works full time so weekends are when I do laundry, groceries, dishes, the dump, etc. I still have gunk in my lungs, so I'm taking a sick day tomorrow to really rest. Anyone know a good cure for gunk in the lungs? I've gotten rid of everything else, and I don't even have a cough. It's just when I do cough there's stuff there. Marleybone - aren't you the expert on veins? What I can I do to improve my chances of a successful IV on Friday? Drink lots of fluids? I already start ordering them to bring me hot towels as soon as I get there. They are going to take the blood for testing from the IV site this time instead of letting me into the clutches of the bloodletting wenches who robbed the good veins last time. Ok - requesting prayers for healthy lungs and a successful last chemo on Friday. You can bet I'll be celebrating then. Love you all - even when I'm not here.
    Count your blessings!

You're in my thoughts and prayers Gut.

FORT Fogey
    Gut, you're in my prayers!

Ah gut

And I was here to complain about having another med placed into my temp regimen for pain (I got bitten by some bug, and my hand is quite swollen)

HOWEVER, ad to the list the fact that a neighbor I really care for has entered stage IV for her secondary leukemia (secondary to breast cancer which led to a double mastectomy - she can't catch a break). We got a chance to hang out this weekend which was fun, except she occassionally mentions how it may be her last time, poor thing.

Cancer sucks!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Marleybone - aren't you the expert on veins? What I can I do to improve my chances of a successful IV on Friday? Drink lots of fluids? I already start ordering them to bring me hot towels as soon as I get there. They are going to take the blood for testing from the IV site this time instead of letting me into the clutches of the bloodletting wenches who robbed the good veins last time.
    Well Gut, my vein expertise mostly lies in the area of baby veins, it's been a long time since I've laid my hands on an adult patient. You are right on all accounts though. Being well hydrated is always a good thing, and also warm packs when you get there to increase blood flow to the area. I also agree with the idea of having them take blood for testing when they are starting your IV. This is what we used to do years ago when I worked in L & D. Start the IV, let a little blood run into the tube and then hook up the IV tubing... one stick and you're done.
    It is a standing joke at work when I am getting ready to try and place a central line that I make everyone pray to the "vein gods". I think I have mentioned this before... but you are welcome to borrow them anytime. They don't always deliver, but it's good for lightening things up a bit.

Take good care of yourself and know you are always in my prayers.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Awww Gut. I hope everything goes well and you're able to get rid of the 'gunk'.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Hey, Gut, Get lots of rest and plenty of fluids! I always swear by chicken soup to get rid of the gunk! And may Marleybone's vein gods be with you! You'll be in my prayers!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    well got the truck bill.....$677 I didn't need to have to spend now but I did need to. darn the luck and the med bills are starting to come in.....oh when i got home yesterday morning someone had smashed my mailbox on purpose. not fun over but whacked it good. damn kids!

good luck Gut.
    Last edited by joeguy; 10-03-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Joe...it never seems to rain but it pours!! Hopefully things will look up, but at least your truck will be fixed and you won't get in an accident.

Good luck Gut...only one more to go. We'll have a Fort party on Friday to celebrate!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile
    Good luck Gut...only one more to go. We'll have a Fort party on Friday to celebrate!!
    Right on!

+ Reply to Thread