+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1676Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Just checking in with you guys and wanted to tell you how much I have appreciated the kind words that I have read from my fellow FORTers! That is such a morale booster and lifts my spirits so much! I'm still staying at my mom's right now-can't drive for 2 weeks after surgery so its easier to stay with her so she can take my son to school each day. I'm getting better each day...I still tire pretty easy but I'm trying to get out and walk to the mailbox and such a little each day. I still have a hard time sleeping but I've always been an insomniac so that may be something I continue to deal with. I've hit the "blah/blue" stage to where I feel depressed and could cry at the least little thing but hopefully that won't last long.
    Each one of you have been a true blessing to me and tho I may never meet you face to face, I want you to know how much it has meant to me to have "met" you guys and feel like I'm "home" when I'm here on the FORT.
    Thanks again......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

HAd my root canal yesterday. The procedure itself was done well, but I'm so sore today! I have a small mouth, and even though the guy had small hands - they still have to really force my mouth open and - I needed 6 shots of novocaine, 6! So my jaw really hurts (I process novocaine REALLY quickly).

AND - I get canker sores from 'trauma' so you can trace this guys hand by the white spots in my mouth.

sigh.

Glitternerfball, Here's to healing fast!!! Hopefully it won't be too long for you!

Happy healing Glitternerfball!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    wow, hope they gave you something for the pain Glitter or I'd call them up and ask for a couple of pills to last the week. Hope the pain goes by quickly

Premium Member
    Ice packs should help too, hopefully they told you to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    HAd my root canal yesterday. The procedure itself was done well, but I'm so sore today! I have a small mouth, and even though the guy had small hands - they still have to really force my mouth open and - I needed 6 shots of novocaine, 6! So my jaw really hurts (I process novocaine REALLY quickly).

AND - I get canker sores from 'trauma' so you can trace this guys hand by the white spots in my mouth.

sigh.
    Percodan and Darvacet, those were my two best friends when I had two root canals at one time. I was "pain? what pain? I am so happy right now!" Hope you have a couple of best friends right now!
    Go Tigers!

They told me nothing about ice packs or pain killers, and the pain is killing me today. Tomorrow is my last day with insurance (unless I can pony up 500$) so I plan on calling him tomorrow and having him phone in a prescription to my pharmacy to pick up after work.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Glitter....Just wanted to say and hope that you get to feeling better. I've never had a root canal but several of my friends have and I know that they have swore by ice packs. Hopefully doc will give you a prescription for some pain medicine....If I could, I'd send you a few of my Vicodin....they are nice to have around!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks guys! I got Codeine, but it didn't touch the pain! I think he should have realized if it took 3 times the normal amount of novocaine for me, it should take three times the amount of painkillers! For now, I've got enough drugs in the system that at least I'm not in tears! The problem is that I AM so sensitive. But a few more days, well - a week, and it should all be a memory! And thanks so much for caring, it means the world to me.

+ Reply to Thread