+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1523Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member
    lildago-glad everyone is ok. The idiots on the roads these days just make me shake my head in disbelief.

I go in for the root canal tomorrow, but the tooth above me is also giving me trouble, so now I'm not sure if it's just the fact that pain travels and the pain you feel in your leg can just be transfererd from your foot type thing, or if both need work done, if it's just the top. But I only have coverage through Friday, so gotta do it quick!

It's the sympathy pain syndrome most likely. good luck and pain free to you!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Belfastgirl, have your physicians treated you with any medication? I have been through similar things, and have tried more than one antidepressant. By far the only one that truly made a marked difference in my life and my outlook was Paxil. It also had another welcome side effect- it acted as an appetite suppressant (for me) and I lost 20 pounds in two months as well as losing my "can't get out of bed" attitude. It's expensive, as there are no generic substitutes yet, but I think you guys in Ireland have better government supported health care than we do here. Hang in there, it does get better.
    Go Tigers!

FORT Fogey
    Belfastgirl, as Marley said, we're here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Belfastgirl, have your physicians treated you with any medication? I have been through similar things, and have tried more than one antidepressant. By far the only one that truly made a marked difference in my life and my outlook was Paxil. It also had another welcome side effect- it acted as an appetite suppressant (for me) and I lost 20 pounds in two months as well as losing my "can't get out of bed" attitude. It's expensive, as there are no generic substitutes yet, but I think you guys in Ireland have better government supported health care than we do here. Hang in there, it does get better.
    I'm on anti depressants which have been working for me so far, I think the scary thing is that I feel so bad whilst on them. You're right about the NHS, National Health Service. It gets a lot of critics but for me my doctors have been so supportive, my GP rang me back within 5 minutes of me leaving a message for her and I saw her an hour later. We pay a prescription charge towards medication , about 6 per item, so luckily that isn't an issue. Thanks everyone for your support and kind words.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Belfastgirl, maybe they could try another antidepressant; they aren't all the same. Also, I don't know how old you are, but for a lot of people, self included, depression gets a LOt less severe as you age. One thing that helps a surprising amount a lot of the time, is to make yourself go outside and walk around or even just sit (in a sunny spot if possible) for at least a half hour a day. I do know sometimes even that is asking a lot.

lildago, I'm glad you and your kids are ok; I could go on and on about these stupid drivers who nearly cause an accident and then ast as if it's our fault for even being out there...grrr!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

to belfast and Buckeye!

To Buckeye - congratulations on walking out, sometimes it's more harmful to stick it out! I've walked out of jobs before, ones that others have clamored to get (one that I worked hard to get) upon realizing the 'sick environment' It takes a strong person to walk away from a steady income and I applaud you.

And Belfast, I do wish you the best. I know how hard depression can be - but if medication helps in some way, I suggest you take it. My mother was a manic depressive/bi-polar and refused medication, a lot of bad things happened because of her 'wanting to feel like myself' And as Queenb said, there are other medications out there. Exercise seems to work too, as it releases endorphins. Also, is this a dysthimia thing (my spelling, I know)? I can give you the name of a great doctor on that - he has a lot of published works out there.

BelfastGirl, I hope the responses in this thread show you that you're neither alone nor uncared for. Perhaps your doctor could suggest another medication, if the one you're on makes you feel bad, although please be careful with the meds and don't just decide to go off them; I had a relative who did that and the result wasn't pretty.
    Good luck.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Belfast girl, as Lucy said, you're never alone. Everyone else has much better advice than I could ever offer, but I did want to say that if your job is part of the issue then you WOULD be better off stocking shelves if you had to. I took a substantial paycut once because I was so unhappy in my job. It was the BEST decision of my life. People think that you should just put up with a job that makes you miserable, but there's nothing further from the truth. Most people spend the majority of their lives at their job. If you're miserable there, it can effect all other aspects of your life. I realize that's not your only issue, but if its contributing to your depression, then find something that will make you happy. Money is defintely not everything. :nono
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread