+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Oh, Buckeye! Sorry to hear about your mom. She will be in my prayers!

And I think you did the right thing quitting your job. I know it had to be a tough decision but your health is most important! Good luck finding another job!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey
    Buckeye, I'm sorry to hear about all your problems! You and your mom will be in my prayers.

Wow...been away for a while. Sorry to hear about your problems Buckeye. Even though there are lots of troubles on the FORT I am always impressed with the character of the posts....soldier on, and tomorrow is another day.

BB - I hope that you are beginning to feel better. I know first hand about those unexpected things that the doc finds "once they get inside". It gets better, it really does.

Buckeye - sounds like you have had a lion's share of stress. I pray that your mom will heal soon. And it sounds like you are doing the right thing in not jumping right in to another job.

The friends of the FORT are always a great source of support!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Buckeye, sorry to hear about your mom's medical problems. I hope all goes well and will keep her in my prayers.

As for your job, you did the right thing. Anything that can cause problems to your health, isn't worth it. If I were you, I would turn that hotel in. That is just awful that they wouldn't fix the mold in your office.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I felt I was doing so well. I have moderately severe depression and I really thought I'd turned the corner, then WHAM, I feel like I'm back where I started. I'm just not coping in work, seriously not coping so my doctor has signed me off for at least a month. Started teaching a new class a few weeks ago, everything new to me, but it's been a very steep downward fall. Just couldn't cope with it all, so now I don't know what is next. My immediate colleagues have been so supportive, but at the minute just don't know how I'll get back. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but when it's making me so ill, is it worth it. We joke in work that we'd be better off stacking supermarket shelves and to be honest at the minute that seems a great idea. Will keep you posted on how things are going. Just writing this has been so cathartic!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

giz
    Belfastgirl, that must be so tough. Is it seasonal at all? Some people are so light sensitive, just wondering (days must be getting fairly short now in Belfast, I'm about level with London, that is a good bit below the Republic, and our nights are closing in). Hope this trough doesn't last too long for you. I'm glad you've got a good bunch of work mates, that's lucky for you. Good luck with it.

Premium Member
    I'm so sorry you are going through this rough time Belfastgirl. Take good care and know we are here for you.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Belfastgirl, I am sorry you are going through this. Please know that we are all here for you if you need to talk.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My kids and I had a close call today when driving home from the store. I was on a narrow residential street and a car was coming straight at me IN MY LANE! I have no clue what she was doing on my side of the street! Luckily, no one else was coming so I swerved into the left lane barely missing the car and took out someone's mailbox. All the while I was laying on the horn and then... the bitch gave me the finger and drove away! I could not believe it! I got her plate number and called it in to the police who came out and made a report. I had to go knock on the lady's door whose mailbox I killed and give her my insurance info. She was really sweet about it and kept asking if we were okay. I think she could see that I was shaken a bit. There is only minor damage to my car (I drive an Expedition...thank God it's not a small car!) and I'm thankful me and my kids aren't hurt. But I am really pissed that I now have to file this on my insurance! I really hope the police find this woman! My 4 year old daughter keeps saying, "That lady needs a knuckle sandwich!" And I am inclined to agree!!!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread