+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Geez, Marley, now I've got a vision of the Nasonex bee as a psychotic dentist.
    That came to my mind while I was typing it. "I have returned my flower... a changed bee."

queenb - believe it or not I have an entire outfit like that (a gift I've never worn). I'm from Ohio where they don't have black flies and black fly season in New England is vicious. I went to an outdoor Reggae concert last night and sprayed with deet. dberk - glad to hear things went well for your mom. Now we'll hold our breath for the pathology report. Gabriel - my dentist growing up was my aunt who was a big proponent for the use of hypnosis in dentistry and medicine. She made our visits fun. I don't remember any pain. I do remember that when we got a filling we got to keep a little vial of mercury to play with.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 09-24-2005 at 08:46 PM.
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well today is really the 1st day I've been able to get to the computer since I had my hysterectomy last Friday. I've had quite a rough time. Before doc even got started, I gave him a good laugh in my "anethesized" state....I was demanding that George Clooney be present for my surgery!! Guess my 'er' fanaticism took over!!!
    Anyway doc went in and needless to say, I wasn't going to be an easy surgery. In his words "I was eaten up with endometreosis." He said the endometreosis was like wet kleenex that was stuck together and he was having to pull it apart a little at a time. It was stuck to my colon and my back and I lost alot of blood. They ended up yanking it all out-ovaries, cervix, uterus..the works! Thank God for that little morphine pump they gave me cause that baby came in handy the first 2 days!!! My mother told me that when I came out of surgery (while still groggy), I kept telling her that my dad was with me thru the whole surgery (he died in '96). I truly believe he was there tho my mom and my brother both were crying when she told me what I had been saying!!! I had surgery Friday and was supposed to get out on Monday but I continued to run a fever and wasn't actually released until Wednesday afternoon and that was only because I begged him to let me go (I was still running a slight fever but he gave me some heavy duty, and very expensive, antibiotics!) I have been staying at my mom's and still have a hard time getting a decent night's sleep...the antibiotic keeps me awake and the pain pill tries to put me to sleep so I'm in a constant state of limbo, it seems.
    I got my staples out Friday and that wasn't too bad..tho I "fussed" at doc because I distinctly remember telling him that since he was gonna be in there during surgery he might as well tuck that ole tummy fat in there and we'd keep it between each other and I woke up from surgery and I was still
    f-a-t!!! He said he had so much other stuff to worry about he just completely forgot!!
    I definitely tire easily and have no appetite right now. You'd think you'd enjoy sitting around watching TV and doing nothing....... I'm bored to tears...can think of a million things I need/can/should be doing....but can't do 'em....
    I'm on the pill form of Prim-pro right now but don't believe he is going to keep me on that permanently. He indicated since I had so much endometreosis, he wanted me to be on this hormone first.
    Thanks so much for all the kind thoughts and words you guys gave me to before my surgery. You never know how much that unseen person's thoughts mean to you until they are directed your way!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

bbnbama - you poor, poor baby! My heart was breaking while I read you post. I hope you have a speedy recovery with no complications. Seriously, the least he could have done was take out the fat! I'll be thinking of you and hope to hear soon, that you're feeling better. I hate that drugged out state.
    Count your blessings!

Ahhh BBN we're here for you!

bbnbama- So was George there to assist or just observe? Was this a case of them not realizing how bad things were until they looked inside? There should be a Hystericalectomy Club with all of the wild scenarios women face. I'm glad you're on the mend.

I had mine about 5 years ago and it was pretty routine until the nurse couldn't get a pulse or blood pressure reading and shared that tidbit with me. The worst part was when a doctor (finally) came in to exam me and said I was bleeding internally and needed emergency surgery, but when I asked her if I was going to die, she refused to answer. She needs to take her Bedside Manner 101 course again.

Oh no, bb! ! I've been wondering what happened with you--no wonder you haven't been around. Do you want me to run you out a truckload of picture frames to decorate with whatever, a hot glue gun, sequins, etc. etc? How about some fabric paints, T-shirts, gourds, or popsicle sticks?
    Seriously, though it sound like you got a really rotten deal there. I hope you're feeling "some" better, and I'm glad to see you at least feel good enough to come see us here.

And I too was thinking the doc might decide to cheer me up with a surprise spare tire removal when I get mine done in November, but I guess I'll forget that idea.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Oh bb, that is just awful. You know your friends here at fort are here for you. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hey, bbnbama! I've attached a get well present!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Well I haven't been at the FORT much lately, so much has ben happeining. So please excuse if this post is long. My mom, who is 82 years old, has been having trouble swallowing. So much so that her diet consists of pudding, broth, ice cream and baby food. Weight is 83 pounds. Found out her esophagus was norrowed by 9mm. Well the first time they tried to get the scope down to stretch it, the scope would not go down. Second time they tried it they got it to go down. Problem is they can only stretch it 2mm-3mm at a time. Ok so today she went in to have the procedure again and her blood pressure was 205/80, so they won't do the procedure. She then has to go see her family doctor and he is going to prescibe meds for the BP, but they have to find something that is liquid or in capsule form, that we acn open, so that she can swallow it. We had the whole thing mapped out that she should be able to swallow normally by Thanksgiving. All the siblings are coming in for it, now she might not be able to eat that turkey dinner my sis and I will cook.

On top of that work has been way, way stessfull. To the point my doctor wanted me to take a leave of absence. That story of work is for another post, but lets just say that my office has mold growing on and in all four walls and they are refusing to fix it correctly. When one of the engineering guys tried to fix it correctly, his boss suspended him. This is supposed to be "the nicest hotel" in the city. What a farce there is mold growing in some of the sleeping rooms. Any way to make this long post end, when I told my boss that my doctor thought that my office was the cause of some of my medical issues, he being the a$$hole he is started giving me crap and I just decided not to take it anymore and quit. So on top of all the medical issues I am now jobless. Lucky for me I have savings that should last 6 months, but it is still scarry. I already have leads on a couple of jobs, but I am going to take my time and find the right one for me.

Sorry for the long post. Guess it has just been bottled up for too long.

+ Reply to Thread