+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

dberk - thinking of you and your mom. Make sure she gets lots of rest and does the exercises to regain range of motion. Let us know how it goes.
    Count your blessings!

dberk, she's in our prayers.

Gut, may I suggest you start walking around in a plastic bubble? I know the dog has to be walked, but "who knew" about the mosquitoes!?! You know we are just a bunch of worrywarts!

Gabriel, does your dentist use Nitrous in the waiting room? I want to go there!!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    I think the painful dentist is a myth carryover from the old days.
    It wasn't a myth when I was a little girl. The dentist my parents took me to would call me his "little flower" while he was sticking the needles in my mouth with someone holding me down, while I was screaming and kicking because I was scared to death. Dentist = pain, that was all I knew. (he probably hated to see me coming as much as I hated being there) It took me a long time as an adult to go back to a dentist, it wasn't until I broke a molar at age 26 that I finally was forced to go. Now I have a wonderful dentist and everything really is pretty much pain-free. Things have changed a lot for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    It wasn't a myth when I was a little girl. The dentist my parents took me to would call me his "little flower" while he was sticking the needles in my mouth with someone holding me down, while I was screaming and kicking because I was scared to death. Dentist = pain, that was all I knew. (he probably hated to see me coming as much as I hated being there) It took me a long time as an adult to go back to a dentist, it wasn't until I broke a molar at age 26 that I finally was forced to go. Now I have a wonderful dentist and everything really is pretty much pain-free. Things have changed a lot for the better.
    I know it wasn't a myth when we were small, I mean today it might be a myth from our days. We had a dentist that hated kids, but he was cheap and let my mother make payments, but I still remember him jabbing me to pull a tooth, aasked me if it was numb yet I said no, he said yes it is and pulled my tooth, I nearly passed out. I remember there was so much blood and yeck that walking home I had to stop and spit it out a few times. I hated that old man.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

dberk, We'll be thinking of you and your mom!
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 09:20 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers! Mom had her surgery at around 1:30pm and was in her room by 4:00. The doctor said she did well and barring a bad pathology report will be fine.

I mentioned before that her surgery was delayed and we were hoping that good would somehow come of that. This time around the hospital staff were great! Mom liked all of her doctors and nurses and felt much more confident going into surgery. My sister and I were relieved too.

good to hear dberk, it always helps when the staff makes you feel comfy.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    I know it wasn't a myth when we were small, I mean today it might be a myth from our days. We had a dentist that hated kids, but he was cheap and let my mother make payments, but I still remember him jabbing me to pull a tooth, aasked me if it was numb yet I said no, he said yes it is and pulled my tooth, I nearly passed out. I remember there was so much blood and yeck that walking home I had to stop and spit it out a few times. I hated that old man.
    OK, I get what you mean, there's enough people like us around who have horror stories about dentists and some people think it's still like that.

dberk that is great news, your mom is in our prayers.

Great news, dberk! Glad to hear everything went smoothly!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    The dentist my parents took me to would call me his "little flower" while he was sticking the needles in my mouth with someone holding me down, while I was screaming and kicking because I was scared to death. .
    Geez, Marley, now I've got a vision of the Nasonex bee as a psychotic dentist.
    Gut, it just seems weird to me that they are that upset about EEE. We always had to have our horses immunized against that disease, so apparently mosquitoes around here do carry it, but I never heard anything mentioned about humans getting it. Then again I never heard anyone say anything about emus either! Just to be safe, you might want to spray DEET on your clothes if you're spending a lot of time outside.
    Or do like us fashion plates, and get yourself one of these...
    Last edited by queenb; 09-24-2005 at 07:39 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread