+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I've never had pain or anything from any dental work. I think the painful dentist is a myth carryover from the old days.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

giz
    You are kidding me, right? Send me the name of your dentist! I have had quite a few dentists in the last four decades and I've never had a pain-free experience. Do you have a really high pain threshhold, or are you just lucky in your dentistry experiences? What about the needle? (The worst is the needle in the roof of your mouth!).

The key with injecting the Novocaine (I don't think they use this anymore) is to do it slowly. It takes patience and a steady hand, but the pain is far less. I'm not sure if the majority of dentists are willing to do this; I'm just grateful that mine is.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    I've never had pain or anything from any dental work. I think the painful dentist is a myth carryover from the old days.

No pain? I do believe I'd travel to Wisconsin just to visit your dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    You are kidding me, right? Send me the name of your dentist! I have had quite a few dentists in the last four decades and I've never had a pain-free experience. Do you have a really high pain threshhold, or are you just lucky in your dentistry experiences? What about the needle? (The worst is the needle in the roof of your mouth!).
    My dentist has never, ever hurt me in the 20 years I've been going to him, and I've gotten all kinds of injections, fillings, crowns and whatnot. The only pain involved is that I've moved 50 miles away, and I have to go to his office in horrendous Atlanta GA traffic, so I have to leave an hour and 45 minutes ahead of time to ensure I'm not late. But it's SO worth it! Good luck with your root canal, glitter.

Phonegrrrl...ouch. I know the feeling; my company kept talking about moving operations 40 more miles down the road, and I already live an hour away, (houses/rent in the new area would have been at least twice my payment now!) so I would have been SOL. Luckily they didn't do it, at least not right now.

Gutmutter, I don't know how you are staying so chipper. Hang in there!

For everyone else...ai yi yi. Every time I come in this thread to whine about my own problems, I see everyone else's, and decide not to even gripe about mine!
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 09:23 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

We had a health scare yesterday - 2 emus died just up the road from me from EEE (Eastern Equine Encephalitis). Our entire school system is on "lockdown" - no outdoor activites, including sports! It is mosquito-borne so my daughter is afraid for me to go outside at all. So far a few people in the state have died, but just elderly and very young. Of course with my chemo/reduced immune I'm a sitting duck! I just took my dog for a walk in the woods bareheaded the day before, swatting away at mosquitos. I guess I'll have to be fatalistic about that part. Nothing I can do about it now.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    The needle is the only thing I hate, but it's just a little prick then it's over.
    The annoying part is when the needle is in and I have to swallow.
    I have a very low pain threshold, and this dentist I've been using for 11 or 12 years now is the first that was like this for me. Maybe it's because I feel totally comfortable with him and his technicians and receptionist. I mean I get Christmas and birthday cards signed by these people, and of course I send them the same. Kendall (office manager/reception) has pictures of my Mona & Joey on the wall. His practice him and a partner with a fairly busy load.

The best thing is and we all laugh about it, I found him by calling 1-800-dentist.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    We had a health scare yesterday - 2 emus died just up the road from me from EEE (Eastern Equine Encephalitis). Our entire school system is on "lockdown" - no outdoor activites, including sports! It is mosquito-borne so my daughter is afraid for me to go outside at all. So far a few people in the state have died, but just elderly and very young. Of course with my chemo/reduced immune I'm a sitting duck! I just took my dog for a walk in the woods bareheaded the day before, swatting away at mosquitos. I guess I'll have to be fatalistic about that part. Nothing I can do about it now.
    Oh, Gutmutter! You've come this far, I can't help but think things will be ok! Try not to drive yourself crazy with worry!

(BTW, my 4 year old is still praying for you every night!)
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Well, let's hope the 2nd time is the charm. Mom's going in this morning for her surgery. Please add her in your prayers. Thanks!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    dberk, I hope everything works out for your mom. She is in my prayers. Please keep us posted
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread