+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    My mom needs to go into the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 am for the full mastectomy I mentioned a few weeks ago. She seems more annoyed that it is postponing a trip to see my sister in AL than worried about the surgery. Please include her in your prayers. Thanks.

dberk, I hope your mom is doing okay. Please keep us posted on her status. I will keep her in my prayers
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    dberk-same goes for your mom. Both of you take care.
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 09:27 PM.

My mom was prepped and ready to go into surgery when the surgeon came in to say that her blood was too thin to do the surgery. My mom takes a blood thinner, because she has blocked blood vessels in the back of her neck that have led to mini-strokes. She was off the thinner for the required period prior to the surgery, but apparently her blood needs more time to "beef up". That is the bad news. The good news is that Mom wasn't thrilled with her surgeon and he will have to have one of his partners sub in, because he will be tied up the next 2 weeks (having surgery himself).

The hospital staffs always fall in love with my mom. One time she had 2 people searching the hospital for chocolate ice cream, when they had the nerve to serve her vanilla. Today she asked the lab tech who came to take blood if he had ever done it before. With a completely straight face he replied "No. It's my first time." It's unlikely that he's been a virgin for some time and my sister and I got a big laugh about this. He did a great job.

Thursday will be her follow-up blood test and when the results are fax'd to the surgeon, we will get a new surgery date.

Thanks for your prayers and concern. It's greatly appreciated.

Lord have mercy, Marley. When it rains it pours, and you've been getting a lot lately.
    dberk, hope your Mom does get a doc she likes better after all this trouble.

For everyone else, I hope brighter days are ahead for y'all as well.
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 09:28 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    dberk, I'm glad your mom is getting a different surgeon if she wasn't thrilled with him. I hope everything works out for her.
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 09:29 PM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

dberk, your mom sounds like a hoot! Hope everything works out!
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 09:24 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

dberk -My thoughts are with you and your loved ones. It is one thing to go through it yourself, but to watch without being able to do anything must be miserable. I'm only a PM away if either of you need me. I'm just starting to recupe today from this chemo. I had coffee this morning so that helps if I can stomache it.
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 09:25 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Two Words - Root Canal

Two more words - no money

And here's the kicker, that tooth is on it's second crown. The nerve is not rotted, there is no cavity. However - I'm having a reaction to the crown, which the dentist says happens - it can irritate the nerve it's protecting, and I can need the root canal.

It has to be done before my Health insurance lapses at the end of the month, when I'm really screwed!

giz
    I remember going in for some regular old dental work, and they suddenly said "root
    Canal"! I was terrified (and sleep deprived, small baby at home). It turned out (despite my friends' scary stories) that it wasn't as bad as a regular filling. I was very pleasantly suprised. Good luck. Go to your happy place.

FORT Fogey
    Oh, Glitter, good luck with finding the money! I don't know how painful a root canal is, but my cousin has one. She didn't say much about how much it hurt so, I'm sure you'll do fine!

+ Reply to Thread