+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9361Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Vent away AZ, its so much better than keeping it all inside. I said to DH, were going to get on with our lives, and blankety blank the rest!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

When I would get down, my Dad would tell me, "Don't let the turkeys get you down." In my thoughts, AZ. Proud of you both for walking and talking for four miles.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When I used to mentor, I would tell my kid that 'family is what you make of it' and that you can 'choose your family'. I like that we can choose to surround ourselves with good people who may not be blood relatives but still count as 'family'.

So if anyone wants to adopt me, I'm here!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    When I used to mentor, I would tell my kid that 'family is what you make of it' and that you can 'choose your family'. I like that we can choose to surround ourselves with good people who may not be blood relatives but still count as 'family'.

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I honestly do think of you all as true-life friends . . . and given my poor childhood experiences in an abusive family, my friends are VERY important to me. This is an awesome place.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I honestly do think of you all as true-life friends . . . and given my poor childhood experiences in an abusive family, my friends are VERY important to me. This is an awesome place.
    beerbelly and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post

(((((hugs))))))
    beerbelly likes this.
    KAREN

Just my 2 cents since I just read Joseph's post. He is on to something for sure. I did EVERYTHING for Mike including picking up the phone and dialing his mother's number, speaking to her a bit, then handing the phone to him. I think he spoke to her twice a year, if that. ugh. not my responsibility but I'm sure she appreciated hearing from him at least that much. He would always say, the phone works both ways. I don't know if that helps or not but when he left, I don't know if he has been in contact with his family at all. Dec 2016. It's now March 2018. Not my problem anymore.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

My husband planted a massive grove of blueberry bushes that spanned the continuum of early to late producers and I had to pick every berry from beginning to end. After I left him I laughed to think of all those berries hed have to pick himself.
    beerbelly, PGM35, Cootie and 3 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Re the bolded: gosh, I am such a relic. That is totally me. I do want to say, though, that Joseph may be on to something. My sons are not married and last year my son broke up with his GF of 4+ years who lived with him. When I returned from my 1st visit to Austin to see them, I complained to my cousin that my son's gf was not very hospitable at all. She left us to our own devices. I certainly did not expect her to cook for us (she worked the swing shift so was not home for dinner but we took our son out every night) but she never made mention of what there was in the house for us to eat at breakfast or even made up the guest room. I felt like we were imposing even though it was my son's home and he wanted us there. She didn't dote on him at all. He's a grown 32 y.o. and capable of taking care of himself (though he does not cook and eats take out a lot) but it hurt me to see her not doting on him. My cousin assured me that this is how all of the dual working couples are. The wife or in this case, long term live-in gf, does not cater to their significant other. And I know I am going to get some flak from the feminists here but before I became a mom I worked full time and yes, I prepared dinner every night for my husband.
    Well I guess I was old school (Mike and I both were maybe) but I did a lot of the cooking - we shared the cleaning - and he did the yardwork. He took care of the cars, and I did the laundry (well he did his gym and work stuff) but I took care of the dogs - like children. I remembered birthdays of family and handled all Christmas cards/presents for both sides. I worked full time too and handled paying all the bills/managed the budget - he gave me his entire paycheck for the joint bank account, he could use the card for gas and I had full awareness of when he used the card AT ALL TIMES. LOL Til the end when he left, I had free reign to his phone as well. Anyway, just saying, I did a lot for that man....plus I guess this is the funny part.... he's been coming around lately asking favors and texting me a lot. My friends are saying he wants back,,,, no, it's that he has no one else and is just lonely - I know the man - he doesn't want things back, at least not on my terms, and that WILL NEVER HAPPEN on any terms that I can think of!
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

+ Reply to Thread