+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member
    Thanks for all of the good wishes for my son. Just an update, he finally got called out and left on Friday. He is in the Gulfport-Biloxi area. Won't be home for at least a month, but is doing fine and glad to finally be doing something.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 09-11-2005 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Oh combatcutie, you'll be in my prayers. At least it wasn't cancer, which is a good thing.

My daughter is having trouble trying to conceive. She's making an appointment with a gynecologist, but says a friend with the same problem said the doctor told her it was $35000.00 for in vitro. Since she and her hubby just bought a house there's no way they have that kind of money - and no guarantee they'd conceive anyway. It just seems so unfair at times.
    $35,000??? Holy crap. I know from family that you can do in vitro for the bargain price of $15,000 to $20,000.

combatcutie - you're in my prayers. Best of luck to you.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    queenb...me and you are "joining the same club"...I'm actually scheduled for a hysterectomy this Friday....Instead of the fibroid tumor, I have a bad (2nd) case of endometreosis (or at least we're hoping that's all it is)...there's a slight chance it could be something more since my CA125 is elevated...won't know till he goes in....I went today for my pre-op, let 'em poke and prod and draw blood (BLECH..I hate needles!). Doc said we can't do the laproscopy...he's gonna have to cut me open...YIPEE I had a C-section with my son so let's just cut some more on those stomach muscles, why don't we?!!! I hate doing situps anyway!!! 6-8 weeks recuperation from work (fortunately I have a good boss who still pays me full pay while I'm off!)
    I've actually caught myself being kinda "hormonal" about the whole situation....and didn't really expect that....I have a 12 year old son, I've been with the same man for 7 years who had already had a vasectomy (so I knew there wouldn't be any other kids) but I caught myself today at the OB/GYN waiting on my GYN doc and watching all the happily pregnant waddling women and hearing people talk about when their babies were due and listening to the lady in the room next to me get a ultrasound and hearing that sweet little babies heartbeat and getting very emotional that I wasn't going to be having anymore babies! I loved being pregnant with my son and it really shook me up that I got all emotional and I didn't expect that.
    I just turned 39 years old and everyone I have talked to said having the hysterectomy was the best thing they ever did! Good luck to you queenb on your surgery!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Good luck Queenb and bbnbama. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Bama, my sister went through what you are going through. She had to have a hysterectomy do to cancer. About 2 months after the surgery she went through a period of being totally depressed that she wouldn't ever have kids. The funny thing is that she never wanted kids. I guess what I am trying to say is that what you are going through is perfectly normal.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    combatcutie - you're in my prayers. Best of luck to you.

thanks angelic and all the others who have kept me in their prayers. I had my consultation with the Radiocologist. He said the best thing for me to do is to take the radio iodine pill to dissolve my thyroid and be on medication all my life. I made my appointment for this Thursday. Hopefully everything will go well. He said that out of everyone that opts for this procedure, only 10% it will not work on. I have to stay home for 5 days, sleep in another room, and use paper plates and plastic forks.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Combat honey, you're in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck to you.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Good luck Queenb and bbnbama. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Bama, my sister went through what you are going through. She had to have a hysterectomy do to cancer. About 2 months after the surgery she went through a period of being totally depressed that she wouldn't ever have kids. The funny thing is that she never wanted kids. I guess what I am trying to say is that what you are going through is perfectly normal.

Thanks so much for the pick-me-up.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Combat, Queenb, and bama - I just caught up here and am thinking of you all. Keep coming here to update us. It is wonderful to get the support of the caring folks here.
    Count your blessings!

Best of luck, combatcutie. Now you can look ahead, and hopefully things will start looking up for you.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread