+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Thanks y'all...I hope my results are that good! Marley, to your son; I keep passing long lines of military vehicles heading thataway near my house, and it makes me proud to see them every time!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My boyfriend's friend who he served with in the army, has died in Iraq...

My boyfriend is having a really tough time with this, and I'm just asking for people's prayers for Capt. Lowell Thomas Miller II's family in this difficult time.

May he rest in peace

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/...020.xml&coll=5

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Oh Callie...my prayers and thoughts are with Capt Miller, his friends and family
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    My boyfriend's friend who he served with in the army, has died in Iraq...

My boyfriend is having a really tough time with this, and I'm just asking for people's prayers for Capt. Lowell Thomas Miller II's family in this difficult time.

May he rest in peace
    It is all over the news here Callie. I am in Flint,Michigan. He is a hometown soldier. Flags here are all at half staff.
    Will it ever end...

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    Neighbour grand daughter went to Toronto sick kids today from London and they said she will need a transplant........I don't have a good feeling about the outcome because there is always a waiting list and I found out that the mother's sister had 2 kids with this same problem and both died.........

I thought she was in Toronto yesterday when I posted but she was in London Ontario hospital..she is now on her way by ambulance to Toronto...
    Hope it all turns out well for them, Shyra. Toronto Sick Kids is amazing. A close relative of mine was there, on and off for years, waiting for a transplant. The waiting can be very hard. You have to be sick enough to need one, but not so sick that you're going to die anyway and waste a good organ. It can take time. I hope the baby is strong and can hang in there. My relative is one year post-transplant now, and getting stronger all the time, and trying to find out what a normal childhood is.

Thanks Giz...so far the baby is doing better. They only have a feeding tube in her now and one iv left in her groin but that is just to put her meds in. The breathing tube is out and they said she will definetly need a transplant sooner then later but they are hoping to wean her off the iv meds so she can go home and just have her meds given to her by mouth.

The nurses told my neighbour that transplants for babies aren't taking as long as it does for adults and that usually they have a heart from a transplant in a few months. Of course they still have to do all the testing on the baby to get a match but it sounds more promising then it did...

Shyra and Callie, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about your friend and neighbor's baby, and I will pray for them and their loved ones.

Queenb, I missed your earlier post. I also know someone who had a hysterectomy for the same reasons as you (although hers wasn't cantaloupe-sized ), and she did quite well, and wondered why she didn't do it earlier.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Shyla and Callie, sorry to hear about the bad news about your friends. I will pray for their families.

QueenB, good luck with your proceedure. I hope you have a fast recovery.

Many of you know that I have been having a hard time getting pregnant. I have had many tests last week and just talked to the doctor yesterday. This is what he told me:

My doctor said that he can't believe that I have no symptoms (bulging eyes, constant sweating etc) He said that my case is not cancer, but if I waited like I was going to, then I would have had a problem. He said that I would have been in the hospital by November if I didn't go to him. There are a few treatments that can help. One is surgery, which he doesn't suggest right now. The second is being on medication for the rest of my life (don't want to do that because it's not a guarantee that I will be able to conceive) The third is to take a radioactive pill to dissolve the thyroid and medication for a few months. If I chose this one, I can't try to have a baby for at least six months.

Please keep me in your prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh combatcutie, you'll be in my prayers. At least it wasn't cancer, which is a good thing.

My daughter is having trouble trying to conceive. She's making an appointment with a gynecologist, but says a friend with the same problem said the doctor told her it was $35000.00 for in vitro. Since she and her hubby just bought a house there's no way they have that kind of money - and no guarantee they'd conceive anyway. It just seems so unfair at times.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Aww, Combat, I'm so sorry to hear about your continuing problems. I know how difficult it can be to want to get pregnant so badly, and have road blocks put in front of you. Please try not to get discouraged. I had a friend who had thyroid problems, too (she chose surgery, takes medication for the rest of her life, and had two children after that somehow ). Try to stay focused on getting healthy again. Your baby will find you somehow someway.

Dinahann, yes in vitro is terribly expensive. At one frustrating moment, I remember Mr. Rose and I talking about how paying for it (in our impossible health situation) was equivalent to taking thousands of dollars and simply tossing them out the car window on the freeway. That's when we began earnestly looking into adoption. Treatments have become much more successful now, but paying for them is certainly out-of-reach for many. I pray your daughter and s-i-l will get their gift from heaven...they've been through enough.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread