+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Dagwood, I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. Good for you for managing things and being strong when needed, but you're allowed to curl up and cry too if you need to. The holiday season is right around the corner, and I know that will be hard for you and your sister. My words of advice are to keep good memories alive, maybe do something special in honor of your mom for the holidays. Lots of thoughts and prayers with you as you deal with the many emotions and duties involved. Take good care of yourself!

Dagwood - Im so sorry to read about your Moms passing! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dagwood likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I'm so sorry for your loss, Dagwood. I don't care how old we are, when a parent dies, it can make is feel so little all over again. Even when we are strong. Being the adult s(cks. A lot. I hope you do come here, as everyone suggests, to let it out. Especially if you feel alone, isolated or upset.
    You , your sister and your Mom are in my heart and my prayers.
    dagwood likes this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Oh Dagwood, please accept my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mother. And at this time of the year too. You will somehow manage the strength to face the upcoming holidays. And you will experience the year of "firsts" without her. I am not going to say that it will get better with time, because it won't, but you will learn how to live with this new "normal".

My mom passed away on 2/1/2015 and I still tear up thinking of her and I still just miss her - so much more than I ever thought I would! What I wouldn't give for one more story, phone call, hug, or a kiss from her. One thing that does bring me comfort is when I see a red cardinal flying around in the yard, or lady bugs, butterflies, dragon flies, etc., I like to think they are signs from my mom letting me know that she is thinking of me. In time, I hope you will find these bring a sense of comfort to you too.

I also went through a bunch of recipe cards that she wrote out over the years and will make up dinners featuring some of her recipes. We make up one of her cakes on her birthday and again on 02/01.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks as you tackle the paperwork, etc.

dagwood likes this.

Youre in my thoughts Dagwood. Im so sorry.
    dagwood likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Prayers, please, for my nephew's son, Nico. He just started kindergarten this year so I guess he's about 5. Anyway, his hand got pinched in a door jamb last night and it seriously injured three fingers on his hand. The nail came off all three fingers and the clinic said the middle finger, which got crushed the worst, might not heal completely.

My nephew called me at 8:30 last night to let me know what happened and to tell me he might need me to help babysit his son since he would probably be out of school for awhile. He was waiting for his wife to get back from the walk-in clinic with their son to find out how bad the injury was. He called me back at 11:30 with the report and asked me to take off Monday and Tuesday of next week to watch him. That was fine because I wasn't heading out of town for Thanksgiving until the following day, Wednesday.

I put in a change request for my holiday leave at work and I'm waiting to make sure I have approval to be off an additional two days. I don't think it will be a problem. Things are slow this time of year and I have plenty of leave.

It makes me sad that this happened to Nico, especially right before the holidays! He really is a great kid, always cheerful and upbeat. I've been wanting to spend more time with him, but not like this!
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-15-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    Punkin, Brooks and redsox girl like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Whos Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Poor little guy. Praying that he heals up perfectly.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Oh Dagwood, I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your sister
    dagwood likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I just had what I thought was a cyst removed from my head today, my head stings a little but I'm fine. Im just worried because the dermatologist told me that it wasn't the type of cyst she thought it was, so they are sending it to the lab to make sure its not a tumor. Ill know for sure by Monday what it really was.
    Punkin, Gutmutter and JosephD like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hope your results come back ok, MReid. There are lots of troublesome but harmless bumps that can appear on your head so hopefully it won't be anything to be concerned about. I'm glad you got it checked out instead of just dismissing it. It's always better to be sure.
    Punkin and MReid like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Whos Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

+ Reply to Thread