+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8675Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thanks Gut! I must say, I'm not as patient as I used to me.

Oh Ariel! Feel better! Sending my love!!!
    redsox girl likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Saw the Cardiologist today and we had a tiff over whether she told me last year to stop the Eliquis and switch to aspirin. She got rather defensive. I wonder if that is why she ordered the chemical stress test, but it has been 4 years so it is time. Also, because I am now in my 70s, I have to have a carotid ultrasound. Geez, it sucks hitting this decade.

My A1C (average blood sugar) skipped over the number 10 altogether and landed on 11.1. I'm now testing more often and injecting two different insulins at different times. But, once, again, a misunderstanding? with a doctor as the pharmacist called to confirm the new insulin pen and she said to take it before every meal, not the last meal like I thought he said. Another doctor call tomorrow...hope he doesn't go all defensive. Two needle sticks a day is awful, but five?

So, this is my latest stuff and medical this time.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Sorry to hear you're having so many bumps in the road with your doctor/health. I go for my annual today with blood tests, so fasting until then. I disagree with her about taking statins and she'd probably want me to take corticosteroids if she knew about the asthma issues I was having recently. But I've switched to a purely plant based diet and the asthma flare resolved itself. Hopefully it will improve my other tests as well because I'm not going to pollute my body with chemicals.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, no one should be on statins for high cholesterol unless and until the doctor has determined why it's high (so you could throw that challenge at her), and then for limited reasons, like familial hypercholesterolemia. We need cholesterol, especially when we get older and especially for mental functioning. It's one of our anti-oxidants. High cholesterol is often simply a response to inflammation and it's the inflammation that should be addressed. (Maybe the asthma?) Very low cholesterol is just as dangerous as too high. So I hope you stand firm with her. Good luck today.

Arielflies, I hope you get all the instructions straightened out. All insulin (by tight regulation) does is push the blood sugar into the rest of the body which isn't any healthier. Do your doctors have any other options for you? Let us know how it goes.
    Gutmutter likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm on the "no statins" team, too. My cholesterol numbers are a bit high, but I had a cardiac CT scan last year that shows I have absolutely NO plaque in the blood vessels around my heart.

Here's my philosophy. I'm 70 years old. If I don't take statins, I'll be dead within 50 years. If I DO take statins, I'll be dead in 50 years, but with side effects from the statins.

I take niacin, and it brought my cholesterol down 40 points. Good enough for me.
    karna68, Brooks and Gutmutter like this.
    I'm Paula.

With a doctor's permission I cut the statin down to every other day because of leg muscle pain. Now, a few years later who is to say if the leg pain is from radiating arthritis or from the statin.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

This past year ad a half has been ....
    I am trying so hard not to give up. But, I'm so tired. SO damned tired and hurt and scared and lonely and I don't know how much more I can take. God knows Scott and I had a stressful five years of marriage because of deployments, mutual serious illnesses and then his death. But, I'm still numb. I still haven't found the adequate time to mourn. Because all of my time since NOv.10, 2015 has been sucked up by the military, the estate (which amounts to nothing,,, but oh my God, the military jag lawyer screwed things up as has the current lawyer) . NO. I can't afford another lawyer. ON top of that, I've been hospitalized on and off since June of 2016, when I went into complete repertory failure. I am now on oxygen 24/7 awaiting surgery to tighten the muscle connecting my esophagus/stomach. It isn't working and apparently hasn't worked properly for years, So, tons of acid is going into my lungs. Which are already messed up by pneumonitis and there is severe scarring on the bottom of both lungs(most likely from my years as a fine artist-I used tons of chemicals). Thank you U.S. military health coverage for dragging your feet as always. IT only took them 11 months to approve my oxygen use.
    MY home, is supposed to be mine legally, but since Scotts death I've been battling the mortgage company-they are called Reverse Mortgage Solutions-and even though two lawyers worked on my behalf to wrest control to me , they continue to use deceptive practices. Including sending over a 'inspector ' who had no card, no paperwork and essentially showed up simply to intimidate. Three weeks ago I had to move in with my dad because I'm no longer allowed to live alone until I can have the operation-I'm too sick. Long story short, the police showed up to tell me a guy who claimed to know me called them to say he was concerned about my well being. The cops, without checking his story , broke into my house and let him in. But, only after they did this did they ask him for I.D. Turns out he was another :inspector0' sent by RMs to get photos of the interior of the house. So essentially the cop helped a crook break into my home under false pretenses. The police said they would arrest anyone who came onto my property again. So there are two police0 reports0. When I called the company that sent the guy(they are sub-contracted by RMS) the lady said what he did was wrong and she'd call me back with more info. She didn't. When I called back, a second person told me he had no obligation to give me any info because I couldn't prove to him who I was SMH. Even though he knew damn well who I was. He then said he could not give out info , I needed to call RMs. Side note I"ve cone through 4 lawyers who represent RMS. Four!!! They've done everything possible to try to get me to screw up legal paperwork and payments. but, I researched everything on my own-even writing out, in layman's terms, legal paperwork they should have sent to me. They refuse to give me a regular Point of Contact person. I had a legal aid lawyer who specializes in this get involved. But, instead of advocating for me she simply staed the laws in this area of mortgage and reverse mortgage are new, so they are confused, give them time. Then, she closed my case. Despite knowing everything they've done. I called her back this month to let her know the intimidation started again. And all the legal paperwork she overlooked and had me sign (two differing versions) was "under review." Since last September! It should have gone to HUD . I even had The NH Banking Commission call RMS. BUT , RMS refuse to tell me if it's there. I called HUD, multiple times and they state it isn't with them. The minute both lawyers backed off RMS went back to stalling. IF anyone is interested Reverse Mortgage Solutions has been successfully sued three times over the past three years by the federal gov't for deceptive practices. And reviews on Yelp, echo my experiences with them. I'm so exhausted and I'm sick of wondering if I have a roof over my head. Meanwhile I've spent money I shouldn't have had to spend trying to get them to do what they are legally required to do.
    Then there are the people who decided to make politics more important THAN BEING KIND as my husband was dying and then died. They didn't give a sh(t that he died for his country or that his death was a long, miserable one in which he was refused treatment and coverage, Someone actually wrote that he was glad Scott died . I deserved it and so did Scott because we supported sanders. I'm so sickened andf angry at the way supposedly good , kind people have taken it upon themselves to disrespect my husbands life and the way he died. Calling me selfish for not supporting their candidate. Even stuff written here absolutely shattered me-so much for decency and kindness. Just lots of "How dare you not vote for Clinton!" IT just added so much stress to my life. SO much hurt and pain.
    And the only family I have is my dad and my Uncle. MY Uncle is trying to help me with the lawyer and the will. OH, and he's a republican. SO, when people flap their gums about how evil all republicans are, I want to let them know how ignorant and wrong they are. He's stayed by my side, MY friends and neighbors vanished once Scott died. Some of them `liberals,' It was like I represented what could happen to them-and because I'm young some of my neighbors didn't want their husbands helping me with shoveling or other tasks. Even though I'm on Oxygen and clearly very ill.
    I feel unloved, unlovable, not worth while and completely guilty for relying on my Dad. I am afraid I am about to lose everything.
    Scotts adult daughter is a functioning alcoholic who has hated me from the day her dad proposed to me. IN fact, she disowned her father when he refused to divorce me. She made this demand when Scott told her he was facing chemo and radiation. After undergoing a grueling 14 hour surgery to remove a tumor from his neck. Which left him partially paralyzed on one side of his face. She refused to help him unless he divorced me. She even sent a awful letter stating I was trying to kill him. She believed that when her mother, his wife died, he should mourn her for the rest of his life.
    Oh,and the home I'm maybe going to lose belonged in Scotts family, going back to when it was built when he was five. I feel like I'm losing the only tangible thing that links me to Scott. That I've failed.
    And the stupid will is still in probate-and I'm so ill right now, the doctors have written to the courts stating I am temporarily unable to finish the closing procedures for the will. But, . my lawyer, even though he knows I'm this sick, just ignores the letters. And I'm inundated with all of this stuff from him.
    Tomorrow I find out if my lungs have cleared up at all and if they are strong enough to undergo a surgery. I failed that test in June. So, I'm hoping...
    I'm sorry , I just so overwhelmed. And I miss Scott so much. I'm angry we didn't get more time together and I'm angry the time we had was so marred with illness and living our lives in the moment all of the time. Yet, I have some of the most wonderful memories, despite our difficult situations. I mean, utter joy, when most people would be despairing. And I can't make any more wonderful memories with him. The places we loved weren't fancy. Heck our honeymoon, when he returned from deployment, was a two week camping trip up and down the northeast and into Pennsylvania. Visiting all these historical places and odd places that caught our fancy. WE even camped in an old apple orchard turned campground. And we had to evacuate in the middle of the night because of flash flooding. But, we didn't let it bother us. IT rained 13 of the 14 days, too. But, there we were, like two fools, just rolling with it, having fun. Laughing as we sat on a deserted lake front, swimming. Because the rain gave us the whole lake to ourselves.
    OH, and his daughter stole all of the family photos when I was with Scott in hospice. The Lawyer got her to hand over about 10 photos of Scott from when he was a boy and when he joined the military at 18. She was supposed to let me look through all the photos so I could choose to make copies of however many I wanted. But, the lawyer just let her do what she wanted. She even stole his artwork. He was an amazing artist. So good he had scholarships for colleges. His art was the one thing Scott was happy to show people. Otherwise he was not someone who liked attention. So, knowing this, it hurts I don't have anything to look at.
    Everything is just so overwhelming. I'm sorry this is so long and so ...self-absorbed. But, I can't seem to get myself out of this emotional place.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 08-16-2017 at 02:24 AM.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

I'm so sorry redox girl. So much stress, sadness, and illness. PM me if you want to talk more.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    and the home I'm maybe going to lose belonged in Scotts family, going back to when it was built when he was five. I feel like I'm losing the only tangible thing that links me to Scott. That I've failed.
    (((redsox girl))), of all the things you said, this was the saddest to me, that you could think you failed, or failed Scott, in any way. Or that you think you were self-absorbed sharing this with your FORT friends. I don't think you have updated us in a long time. I'm so sorry the nightmare isn't getting any better for you.

I've mentioned before, I'm not terribly far from you. I can't do overnights, but if partial days make any difference, please let me know. You'll be in my thoughts.
    redsox girl likes this.

Sounds like a lot, Redsox girl, that you're dealing with. Must be frustrating dealing with all the lawyers and agencies. So sorry, and I hope your test goes well today and your lungs are improving. Hang in there, you can persevere, and keep Scott's memory alive.
    redsox girl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread