+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey
    J.D. and dberk, you guys are in my prayers. We're here for you any time!!

I don't know whether this should be 'good news' or 'troubles'. My doctor finally decided to go ahead and do a hysterectomy because I've been having too many problems...that's the good part! Bad part...my fibriod tumor is now as big as a large canteloupe, so the procedure can't be done by any of the 'easy ways' where you heal faster. I have to be out of work for 6 weeks, and besides that I'm not supposed to drive, lift anything, or move around too much at all for a couple of weeks. How i'm going to do this is beyond me. My sister said I could go there, but I hate that idea...they have 4 children, a grown daughter and a brand new grandbaby there right now--I don't believe my sister has thought this out, because I just don't see room for me, or anyone living there who has time to tend to a sickie.I also hate the idea of staying with my mother, who is too old for this crap, and not in the best of health either.
    So while I'm worrying about all this, I made a little mistake at work, for the third time in 6 months...so here I sit waiting to call the department head who doesn't get there at eight. It's a long story as to why we have such a ridiculous rule, but on the third F-up you get two days off, unpaid. Never mind that there are about 10 people who do the 90% of this particular task, so of course we make more than the 'average' amount of mistakes..the 'average' includes people who very rarely or never do any of this particular work. I think just about all of the rest of us have had days off. Out of the non-offenders, I can think of only one who isn't accused of being "too slow" Grrr! And on top of that, my own boss can't even give me the punishment, I have to stay up past my bedtime to call the other guy.
    I doubt all this is even coherent, just venting you know.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

CCL
    Aw, queenb. Sounds like you are going through a rough time. I have no advice, just . Hope it works out okay.

to dberk, too. You're going through a scary thing. I hope your mom is okay.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    Aw queenb, I'm so sorry to hear about all this junk right now. . . I'll be hoping that you can postpone the surgery until after Vegas!!!

And I really do hope that everything goes okay at work.

Take a deep breath, relax if you can, and know that the Pomeranians and I are rooting for you!!!

My neighbours son and his wife had a baby a month ago after having 5 miscarriages. Last night they took her to emergency because she was getting sick alot and not stopping and her leg was going purple. She is now in Sick Kids hospital in Toronto fighting for her life. She had to have a blood transfusion today and the doctor's are saying that she will probably have to have a heart transplant to survive.

I know it is not my troubles but I feel so very very bad for what my neighbour is going through being this is her first grandchild and after 6 years of waiting for a baby and finally having one this happens I just had to vent some or whatever you want to call it. I am just so sad right now and praying that baby Rylie will get what she needs to get better..............

I'm ok, just needed to vent! But thanks y'all. Pom, you ought to know better1 I'm waiting till after Vegas of course! Hell, after begging Doc to go ahead and pleasegetitoutrightnow! for a couple of years, it can wait a couple of months! Not only that, I'm scheduling it so I'll be off for Thanksgiving and Christmas, which I haven't had in years. Might as well make lemonade, you know.

Sorry for the double post, but as soon as I posted, I saw shyra's...I feel so badly for these poor folks.

QueenB I felt great after I had my hysterectomy! I was always in such pain and so tired all the time. The one surgeon would not consider giving me a hysterectomy because he said 33 was too young so I found another one who did it within weeks!

Queenb - Way to make lemonade! I'm glad you're finally going to have some relief with a long holiday season off! Start fresh with the new year! Shyra - How very sad for your neighbors and their family. I hope all goes well, but it sounds fairly hopeless. Wow. Really hard to reflect on that for long - the sorrow they must be feeling.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    QueenB I felt great after I had my hysterectomy! I was always in such pain and so tired all the time. The one surgeon would not consider giving me a hysterectomy because he said 33 was too young so I found another one who did it within weeks!
    I too, felt so much better after my hysterectomy. I was 41 when mine was done.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread