+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8516Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I have to be honest on my trip back from where I used to live we had to stay at a couple hotels and we were above our capacity in those rooms and just didn't talk about it. I can't think of a trip I've been on where we didn't go above capacity in any of the housing options we had.
    Punkin and Gutmutter like this.

We are always above capacity when we go on soccer tournaments. We usually take 2 to 3 extra boys and the hotels know that a lot of parents have extras that we book through. Sometimes we are lucky and get hotels that have suites and we aren't over capacity.
    causingchaos likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Please let this month be over so I can stop posting in this thread!

Today, the hinge on my sunglasses broke and I'll need to find a repair place while driving in regular glasses in the glare. Also today, I noticed that the new soil I put in Arthur's pot has started growing mushrooms and smells ghastly. I think I killed Arthur. Tomorrow I'll decide his fate.

Yesterday or very early this morning the vent hose for the new air conditioner slipped its mooring both at the window attachment and the machine. Anyway, my puny attempts to tape them in place with masking tape is futile as the heat melts the glue. I put in a work request for maintenance to come with their duct tape; but in the meantime I'm back to using my fan and door cross-vent system.

Also, I've been binging on The Closer by DVD and have been receiving them out of order the past two weeks...very annoying.

Somehow, when the sunroof on my car was shattered from above about a month ago, I've been cursed. Hopefully God doesn't decide to finish me off with a dry lightening strike. The way things have been going lately....
    Punkin and Gutmutter like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Geez, Ariel! Laugh all you want, but try my family's curse breaker... wiggle the fingers on both hands and say, "Huzzius Fuzzador!". My grandmother used to do that when she was getting bad cards and it always changed her luck. Then the rest of us started doing it as a general curse breaker. Once I was sitting in the bleachers behind my son's basketball team and he wasn't hitting any baskets. They pulled him out and I did it over his head. When he went back in, his shots were good. It doesn't hurt to try!
    Arielflies and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Count your blessings!

So one of my co-workers passed away last week. I didn't work real closely with him but I knew him and we would always say hi when passing each other on the floor. He was only 37 and leaves behind a wife and 2 young children. I guess I've just never had someone so young and that I know pass away. I can't get it off my mind and it's been a week today.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Today, the hinge on my sunglasses broke and I'll need to find a repair place while driving in regular glasses in the glare.
    Might be a good idea to invest in a cheap pair of those sunglasses that fit over (not clip on) your regular glasses. They gave me some when I had my cataract surgery. I don't need glasses to drive any more, but I won't give up those sunglasses. NO GLARE AT ALL. You can get them at Walmart.
    Arielflies likes this.
    I'm Paula.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

How terribly sad, karna.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    karna68 likes this.

karna, that's so tough. So young, and young children besides. It's not supposed to happen that way.
    karna68 likes this.

Ariel: I know the feeling. We both need a break soon. I've cut out my internet and PSVue (tv service) because of my budget and still barely making it. I hope it gets better soon. I could not handle the AC issue.

Karna, so sorry to hear about your coworker. That is so very young to leave this world.
    karna68 likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I got a message from my sister on Facebook today asking if I wanted to get together and do something this weekend, like go to a movie.

That seems like a simple thing but my sister and I have a complicated relationship. Even though we live in the same city, we never talk on the phone and very rarely see each other. She usually only reaches out to me when she A) has a big favor to ask or B) has a bombshell to drop, news she knows I'm not going to want to hear.

My first instinct was to turn down her request. Things are finally starting to go my way at work, I'm getting my finances under control, and I'm making good progress on my diet. The last thing I need in my life right now is more stress to make everything fall apart again. Finally, though, I agreed to meet with her. I suggested that we go to a local museum to see the animals.

Patching things up with my sister would be the final key to sorting out the things messed up in my life but I'm not going to pin too much on this meeting. It could be just what I was expecting and she's either going to tell me she has a terminal illness or hit me up for a loan or who knows what.

Wish me luck! I really want things to work out between the two of us but I've been hurt and let down by her so many times in the past, I just don't have the trust to take her at her word. If she's serious about wanting to mend things between us, she's going to have to go a long way to rebuild that bridge.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-20-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    Brooks and AZChristian like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

+ Reply to Thread