+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8516Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Gut, I'm willing to bet that 5 people are not allowed in the space you are describing. Have you seen any paperwork or a reservation confirmation? There should be a max occupancy listed somewhere... can you get a look at that and then let them know you aren't comfortable with breaking the occupancy rules?

(My rental agreements explicitly state that if greater than the stated max occupancy is on the property or in the unit at any given time, the guests will be evicted with no refund, with assistance from the local sheriff if necessary.) If your conformation says anything along these lines, no one could blame you for being uncomfortable breaking the rules!

That's a great excuse not to have squatters on your trip. Imagine how crowded that bathroom will be! I'm the kind of person that needs my own space so that would be a nightmare for me.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

My mom is paying for the room. Maybe I'll talk to her privately.
    beerbelly, momrek06 and Cornholio like this.
    Count your blessings!

I understand about how unpleasant the 'crowding' might be. But perhaps they are trying to pass this tradition on to the next generation. That generation, as they become more financially comfortable, could take over the paying for and sharing of the rooms with the older generation. Just a thought. Passing on family traditions is positive in my opinion. And you seem to have your own solution as you plan to spend little time in the room.
    Lynda

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I understand about how unpleasant the 'crowding' might be. But perhaps they are trying to pass this tradition on to the next generation. That generation, as they become more financially comfortable, could take over the paying for and sharing of the rooms with the older generation. Just a thought. Passing on family traditions is positive in my opinion. And you seem to have your own solution as you plan to spend little time in the room.
    And THAT is why you are one of the sweetest people I know, Punkin.
    Punkin, Brooks, PGM35 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I have taken your wise words to heart and will use the opportunity to encourage the girls to explore the many wonders of Chautauqua.
    Punkin, momrek06 and Baby's Breath like this.
    Count your blessings!

Okay, well I think I should get the title of "sweet" too because as I was reading along, I was feeling just as Punkin was!

I am a bit worried that you will all be chastised for them staying in your room... but I love that these young ladies (your nieces) wish to attend! Have either of your daughters ever expressed an interest in going? Passing this on through the generations is a wonderful plan as there's no better way to keep your memories alive.
    Punkin, momrek06 and Cornholio like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

My brother and older sister have brought their kids many times. My younger sister has a son with autism, but she lives close enough that she brings her daughter up for the day while we're there. I was able to bring each of my kids once (at different times). So this is nothing new for the two who are coming.
    beerbelly and Cornholio like this.
    Count your blessings!

I did a quick google check and we will definitely be above the legal capacity.
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but there is no "talk about your irritations" thread.
    Carry on.
    Count your blessings!

Nice that everyone is attending. But surely there's a way to address the accommodations crunch so everyone attending can relax and fully enjoy it. This isn't college spring break where you expect the floors to be littered with sleeping bags.

+ Reply to Thread